Beautiful property in Winterton-on-Sea
“Yet another fantastic few days in this lovely little village. Lost count of how many times we have been
here and it never ever lets us down. Great dog friendly cottage that I would recommend to anybody.
Thanks and we’ll be back soon!”
A four minute walk* from the front door to the year round dog friendly beach at Winterton-on-Sea! Doggy heaven!
- The whole village is super dog friendly, including the very popular pub The Fisherman’s Return
- Rather have tea and cake? Then visit the lovely Poppy’s Tea Rooms.
- There is also The Edge at the beach offering hot and cold gourmet snacks and drinks, they will even come and cook for you whilst you are on holiday!
- The chippy and village stores will provide yet more food and more.
- You can walk to Horsey to see the incredible sight of our grey seal colony in the winter. The seal colony is sometimes roped off on the beach to protect them but there are miles of beach and dunes in other direction.
- You can do a different dog walk each day from at Winterton – on the beach, the dunes and inland too. See just a few of them here.
- There are some other great Norfolk dog friendly walks you might want to do here.
- And if you can’t find the dates you want at Beachcomber, what about our other Winterton cottages? Hidden Gem is just around the corner! And Ruby Gem is a short stagger away from the dog friendly village pub.
- The Lion at Somerton is another dog friendly pub that you can walk to along quiet tracks and beach.*less if you are being pulled by a super excited pooch on a lead!!
ALL ABOUT THE INSIDE
Front door into living area: The living room at the front of the house is cosy and bright and has a beautiful wood burning stove to curl up in front of after long walks on the beach. All this plus cosy and comfortable seating (2 x two seater sofas), stylish furniture, reading lamps and the TV.
Through to the …..
Open plan kitchen and dining: A beautifully styled shaker kitchen, with loads of space. The kitchen units have a wooden worktop across them and very well fitted out with plenty of crockery and cutlery. The fitted oven has an integral grill, plus an electric hob and there is a dishwasher, microwave and a large, built in fridge freezer. The dining table easily seats 6 and tucked in a corner is a very comfortable armchair to relax in. The kitchen opens out to the back garden where there is a shed housing the washing machine.
Beyond the kitchen is the …..
Downstairs bedroom with a trundle bed, giving the choice of either a 2’6″ single in that room or two 2’6″ singles next to one another when the lower bed is pulled out. There’s also a downstairs bathroom with a WC and washbasin.
Stairs from the dining area lead to the upstairs. The stairs have a pull out stair gate attached if you want to stop the dogs going upstairs.
Main bedroom has a view down to the quiet residential street below. The bed is kingsize and you also have a large wardrobe and chest of drawers.
Second bedroom has twin 2’6″ single beds which can be converted to a kingsize double bed on request.
Upstairs Bathroom. A large, modern room with bath and separate walk in shower, wash basin and WC. With a very well fitted bath and shower cubicle with toilet and sink.
ALL ABOUT THE OUTSIDE
There is a paved and fenced path alongside the outbuildings (washing machine, wood etc) to the fully enclosed gravel area at the end with garden furniture. There are 5ft+ high solid fences all around the end and the neighbouring fence is approx 3.5ft. At the end of the garden there is a gate that opens onto a little passageway, making access to the beach and walks with the dogs that bit easier.
Parking: There is room for one car right in front of the cottage, off road on the driveway. Other parking is on the street.
- The cottage is a non smoking property.
- Please do ensure that you consider our neighbours by keeping dogs from barking unnecessarily or left alone if possible. Your co-operation in this is much appreciated.
- Most supermarkets deliver to here.
WILL IT SUIT YOUR DOGS?
There are no dogs or people that can be seen from the cottage or garden though you may occasionally see the neighbours (a holiday property) walking down the garden path on their side. You will find other dogs being walked in the village. The courtyard garden isn’t huge but it is very secure. Once on the beach dogs are allowed off lead year round and the access to the dunes at the end of the road is off the beaten track – tucked well away from the main car park. The walks are fabulous for both sociable dogs and reactive dogs as there is plenty of space on the dunes to walk your own path.
This is how dog friendly we are!
- Dog bowls
- Crate (in the garden shed)
- Spare leads, poo bags, tennis balls and travel water bottle
- Lots of doggy biscuit treats!
- Wonderful walks from the door
What else we provide for you!
- Welcome basket with local goodies
- All bed linen and towels
- Games, books, maps
- Washing and dishwasher tablets
- Hair dryer
- Iron and ironing board
3 dogs welcome
“This is our second visit to Winterton. We love it here. Beachcomber is a beautiful cottage. Tastefully decorated and very comfortable. So near to the dunes for the dog to run on. We look forward to coming back soon.”
“We have certainly hit the jackpot with the weather this break! Wonderful escape. Enjoyed walks on the beach watching the little terns courting. Very enjoyable trip to Cley Marshes. We recommend Ross and his wildlife boat trip on Horsey Broad. Thanks for a comfortable cottage and a marvellous stay.”
Availability & Book Online
Location & Directions
How To Find Us:
3 Miriam Terrace, North Market Road, Winterton-on-Sea, NR29 4BL
Directions: Enter Winterton village from the end of Black Street, past the church on your left-hand side. Next look out for the small supermarket store on the left (Loomes) and turn left there, in to Back Road. Keep left in to North Market Road and there is a row of terraced cottages on your right. Beachcomber is easy to spot and you can park on the road outside.
Comments from the guests book
"Just spent a lovely few days at Beachcomber. What a bright and spacious cottage, plenty big enough for 6 adults and our dogs. So close to the beach and lovely walks. We'll definitely be coming back!"
"Yet another fantastic few days in this lovely little village. Lost count of how many times we have been here and it never ever lets us down. Great cottage that I would recommend to anybody. Thanks and we'll be back soon!"
"A lovely cottage - beautifully renovated. We have really enjoyed a short break here and would love to return."
"We have certainly hit the jackpot with the weather this break! Wonderful escape. Enjoyed walks on the beach watching the little terns courting. Very enjoyable trip to Cley Marshes. We recommend Ross and his wildlife boat trip on Horsey Broad. Thanks for a comfortable cottage and a marvellous stay."
This is our second visit to Winterton. We love it here. Beachcomber is a beautiful cottage. Tastefully decorated and very comfortable. So near to the dunes for the dog to run on. We look forward to coming back soon."
Looking for a dog friendly holiday cottage in Norfolk?
View our availability calendar...
Dog Friendly | Holiday Cottage | Norfolk
We are members of The Holiday Home Association (formerly EASCO - English Association of Self Catering Operators). Book with the confidence that you are using a bona fide and reputable business that has committed to the HHA Code of Practice. In the unlikely event of a complaint that cannot be resolved with us, you can use the HHA Dispute Resolution Service that provides for low-cost arbitration.
East Ruston Cottages Limited
Reg.No. 10048164 at Companies House, Cardiff
Sea Lows, Crowden Road, Eccles, Norfolk NR12 0SJ