Dogs: 3 dogs welcome
Sleeps Max: 6
Beautiful seaside cottage in Winterton-on-Sea
“Yet another fantastic few days in this lovely little village. Lost count of how many times we have been here and it never ever lets us down. Great dog friendly cottage that I would recommend to anybody. Thanks and we’ll be back soon!”
A four minute walk from the front door to the year round dog friendly beach at Winterton-on-Sea! Norfolk dog friendly holiday heaven!
- The whole village is super dog friendly, including the very popular pub The Fisherman’s Return
- Get great fish and chips at Winterton Fish Bar*
- Excellent coffee, cake and much more at Poppy’s dog friendly café*
- Hirst’s Farm Shop* is nearby with a cafe, fishmonger, well stocked shop and farm experiences.
- Pizzas and fish platters can be ordered for your arrival. See details on our Guest Goodies page
- You can walk to Horsey to see the incredible sight of our grey seal colony in the winter.
- You can do a different dog walk each day from at Winterton – on the beach, the dunes and inland too. See just a few of them here.
- There are some other great Norfolk dog friendly walks you might want to do here.
- And if you can’t find the dates you want at Beachcomber, what about our other Winterton cottages? Hidden Gem is just around the corner! And Jack’s Shack is too. And Ruby Gem is a few steps from the dog friendly village pub. Little Skylark too if you want a tasteful seaside chalet.
* Included in the list of vouchers we offer our repeat guests. We love having you back and we love supporting local business!
For the dogs:
- Dog bowls
- Outside tap
- Medium crate – other sizes on request
- Dog sitting. If you would like to go out for a few hours and leave the dogs but are not confident they will settle, please see our recommendations for dog sitters on our page here.
- Spare leads, poo bags, tennis balls and travel water bottle
- Throws for sofas
- Dog towels
- Lots of doggy biscuit treats!
- Wonderful walks from the door onto the beach, dunes and fields
- Secure garden (min fence height – 3.5ft solid)
For the humans:
- Welcome basket with local goodies
- All bed linen and towels
- Games, books, maps
- Washing/dishwasher tablets starter pack (top up supplies available locally)
- Hair dryer
- Iron and ironing board
- Cafetiere for coffee
- Woodburner with log supply
About the property
All about the inside:
Front door into living area: The living room at the front of the house is cosy and bright and has a beautiful wood burning stove to curl up in front of after long walks on the beach. Wooden flooring. All this plus cosy and comfortable seating (2 x two seater sofas), stylish furniture, reading lamps and the TV.
Through to the …..
Open plan kitchen and dining: A beautifully styled shaker kitchen, with loads of space. The kitchen units have a wooden worktop across them and very well fitted out with plenty of crockery and cutlery. Cooking is done on the range cooker and there is a dishwasher, microwave and a large, built in fridge freezer. The dining table easily seats 6 and tucked in a corner is a very comfortable armchair to relax in. The kitchen opens out to the back garden where there is a shed housing the washing machine. The flooring is non-slip LVT tiles.
Beyond the kitchen is the …..
Downstairs bedroom with a trundle bed, giving the choice of either a 2’6″ single in that room or two 2’6″ singles next to one another when the lower bed is pulled out. There’s also a downstairs bathroom with a WC and washbasin.
Carpeted stairs from the dining area lead to the upstairs. The stairs have a pull out stair gate attached if you want to stop the dogs going upstairs.
Main bedroom has a view down to the quiet residential street below. The bed is kingsize and you also have a large wardrobe and chest of drawers.
Second bedroom has twin 2’6″ single beds which can be converted to a king size double bed on request.
Upstairs Bathroom. A large, modern room with bath and separate walk in shower, wash basin and WC. With bath and shower cubicle, toilet and sink.
All about the outside:
There is a paved and fenced path alongside the outbuildings (washing machine, wood etc) to the fully enclosed gravel area at the end with garden furniture. There are 5ft+ high solid fences all around the end and the neighbouring fence is approx 3.5ft. At the end of the garden there is a gate that opens onto a little passageway, making access to the beach and walks with the dogs that bit easier.
Parking: There is room for one car right in front of the cottage, off road on the driveway. Other parking is on the street.
Will this property suit my dogs?
There are no dogs or people that can be seen from the cottage or garden though you may occasionally see the neighbours (a holiday property) walking down the garden path on their side. You will certainly find other dogs being walked in the village so if your dog is a social sort, they could find plenty of new friends! The courtyard garden isn’t huge but it is very secure with solid fencing, 5ft+ round much of the garden but approx 3.5ft between Beachcomber and the neighbouring property.
Once on the beach dogs are allowed off lead year round and the access to the dunes at the end of the road is off the beaten track – tucked well away from the main car park. The walks are fabulous for both sociable dogs and reactive dogs as there is plenty of space on the dunes to walk your own choice of path.
- The cottage is a non smoking property.
- Please do ensure that you consider our neighbours by keeping dogs from barking unnecessarily or left alone if possible.
Your co-operation in this is much appreciated.
- Most supermarkets deliver to here.
- All bedding is synthetic (non-feather) at Beachcomber.
- Electric car charging is NOT available at this property.
- Electric bike charging and mobility scooter charging is also not permitted.
- Crates. We would prefer that your dogs are not left alone in the property unless you are 100% confident that they will not get stressed. If they are crate trained and you would like to use a crate, please do ask us as we have several sizes in addition to the one available at the property and are happy to loan them out for free. We know how bulky they are to pack!
Parking: There is parking on hard standing directly outside the door. There is not a lot of room to get in and out of vehicles with mobility aids but it is possible to park on the road outside. From here is is just a few feet to the front door (on hard surface)
Bedrooms: There is one bedroom (twin) on the ground floor and a toilet/sink adjacent to it. All other beds and bathroom are up the stairs which may not be suitable for those with limited ability.
Bathrooms: Toilet/sink in the downstairs bathroom. Bath and walk in shower in the upstairs bathroom. (see photos)
Stairs: Fairy steep, carpeted with a hand rail on one side (see photos).
The property is an older, terraced cottage and door widths are standard for the style of property. The lounge has limited room for moving around but the kitchen diner area is more spacious.
The property can not cater specifically for mobility, audibly or visually impaired guests but we are more than happy to provide more specific information on request. firstname.lastname@example.org
“We have wanted to try an ERC holiday for a while now, can’t believe we waited so long. This was the best holiday we’ve ever had with the dogs and that is all down to how dog friendly the cottage is. There was never a moments worry they would escape from the garden or panicking because one of them had sneaked upstairs. The cottage was exactly as it looks on the website, really comfortable and spotlessly clean; we felt at home straight away and the dogs relaxed too and we all loved the log burner – perfect for cosy evenings in. We have already booked to go back and can see why so many of their guests return again and again.”
“Just spent a lovely few days at Beachcomber. What a bright and spacious cottage, plenty big enough for 6 adults and our dogs. So close to the beach and lovely walks. We’ll definitely be coming back!”
“Yet another fantastic few days in this lovely little village. Lost count of how many times we have been here and it never ever lets us down. Great cottage that I would recommend to anybody. Thanks and we’ll be back soon!”
“A lovely cottage – beautifully renovated. We have really enjoyed a short break here and would love to return.”
“We have certainly hit the jackpot with the weather this break! Wonderful escape. Enjoyed walks on the beach watching the little terns courting. Very enjoyable trip to Cley Marshes. We recommend Ross and his wildlife boat trip on Horsey Broad. Thanks for a comfortable cottage and a marvellous stay.”
This is our second visit to Winterton. We love it here. Beachcomber is a beautiful cottage. Tastefully decorated and very comfortable. So near to the dunes for the dog to run on. We look forward to coming back soon.”
How to find us
3 Miriam Terrace, North Market Road, Winterton-on-Sea, NR29 4BL
What3Words location: ///startles.solutions.intersect
Directions: Enter Winterton village from the end of Black Street, past the church on your left-hand side. Next look out for the small supermarket store on the left (Loomes) and turn left there, in to Back Road. Keep left in to North Market Road and there is a row of terraced cottages on your right. Beachcomber is easy to spot and you can park on the road outside.