Dogs: 4 but flexible / suitable for reactive dogs
Sleeps Max: 8
Brand new barn conversion for 2022!
Bristow’s Barn is brand new! A gorgeous listed thatched property, sympathetically renovated this year and very well designed with the comfort of both humans and dogs in mind. The views over the quiet fields are just what you need for a relaxing break away in the Norfolk countryside.
- Round the corner from the Weavers Way footpath, a quiet and beautiful dog friendly countryside route.
- Walks from the door from this house are easy and quiet and rich in birds and wildlife.
- Plenty of dog friendly pubs and cafes nearby – more details here.
- Our lovely sandy, year round dog friendly beaches are a short drive from this dog friendly Norfolk cottage – a great selection to choose from and all easily accessible. See this page of the website for more details.
- The small town of Stalham is a short drive away with shops, cafes and pubs. Also can be reached on foot – 1.5 miles (see here for the route)
- The ground floor is Karndean throughout, making it easy and practical for dogs.
For the dogs:
- Large, medium or small dog crates on request
- Crates. We would prefer that your dogs are not left alone in the property unless you are 100% confident that they will not get stressed. If they are crate trained and you would like to use a crate, please do ask us for any of the above. We know how bulky they are to pack!
- Dog sitting. If you would like to go out for a few hours and leave the dogs but are not confident they will settle, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a dog sitter recommendation – Shannons Sitting Services – or Sue may be able to do it.
- Sofa throws
- Food/water bowls
- Fully secure garden with 6ft high fencing
- Dog towels
- Warm doggy shower outside
- Wonderful, easy quiet walks from the door along the Weavers Way, just down the road
- Feed raw? We have a good amount of freezer space and a partnership with the Raw Dog Food Company for free delivery and a £10 min order.
For the humans:
- 4 bedrooms, three upstairs, one on the ground floor
- 2 bedrooms have ensuite shower rooms
- Open plan kitchen diner
- All bed linen and towels supplied (bath and hand towel per person)
- Wifi included
- Separate gallery working/study area
- Outside seating courtyard area
- Hairdryers in every bedroom
- Travel cot and highchair available
About the property
All about the inside:
Kitchen and dining room
A beautiful large room for entertaining, the lively heart of this gorgeous house. The kitchen has a large five ring gas burner with double oven and separate grill. There is a large American style fridge freezer with plenty of room to store your dog’s raw food. The island houses the dishwasher and sink. There is stool seating on the other side of the island and a large dining table to seat 8 with a large Smart TV on the wall. There is access to the paved courtyard from the kitchen.
Above the kitchen is the main bathroom with sink, WC and bath with shower over.
Bedroom 3 has two full size single beds which can be zip-linked together to form a superking double. There is a large chest of drawers, bedside tables with lamps, mirror and hanging space for clothes.
Bedroom 4 has two full size single beds, large wardrobe, bedside table and lamp.
Back downstairs and through the kitchen to the…
Sitting room. There are 2 x 2 seater sofas, 1 x 3 seater sofa, two beanbags for the children and a further armchair and rocking chair. All surrounding the huge Smart TV loaded with all the apps for guests to log in to their accounts on. A cupboard under the stairs houses the washing machine and laundry utilities. There is a back door to the lawned garden and the front barn doors lead to the parking area.
Bedroom 2 is located downstairs with kingsize bed, bedside tables with lamps, wardrobe and chest of drawers. This bedroom has an ensuite shower room with sink and WC.
Head up the large staircase in the living room to Bedroom 1 where there is another kingsize bed with bedside tables and lamps, chest of drawers, wardrobe and amazing views across the fields. This bedroom also has an en suite shower room with sink and WC.
Outside Bedroom 1 there is a mezzanine level overlooking the lounge which has a desk, chair and bookshelf for a quiet work area.
All about the outside:
Huge walled courtyard area with large table and benches for dining al fresco. There is also four sun loungers for guest use. Fully fenced with 6ft solid wood fencing. Round to the side is a separate large, secure grassed garden, again with 6ft solid fencing with wooden mesh on top to allow for the view across the fields. In the fields you can often see herds of red deer, single muntjac and Chinese water deer as well as running hares.
Plenty of off road parking and field views.
Will this property suit my dogs?
Will it ever! With SO much space inside and out, dogs love this place! Totally secure outside areas for them too with plenty of grass. The walks from the door go on for miles into the deep Norfolk countryside and are very quiet – making this a perfect location for reactive dogs. There are farm barns next to one line of the fence and these are used for storing machinery so there will be times when there are vehicle movements so do just bear this in mind for dogs who are reactive to noises.
- No smoking allowed at Bristow’s Barn please (due to the thatched roof).
- All major supermarkets deliver here, if you do make an order – please make sure it is delivered after your arrival.
- Maps may show the Springfield Kennels next door – these have been closed since 2021.
From the gravel parking area, there are two steps to the front door, or guests can go up one step into the paved area at the back and then in through the kitchen door (step over threshold). A ground floor bedroom with walk in shower en suite help with some mobility issues.
We will be updating our reviews as soon as we start welcoming guests very soon!
How to find us
How to find us: Bristow’s Barn, Chequers Street NR12 9JX
Or – From Stalham. From the A149 which bypasses Stalham take the road signposted to Bacton/Happisburgh (Stepping Stone Lane). Turn left onto the B1159 and take the first left again, just after SAM business premises. Stay on this small, tree lined road until you come out into open farmland. Bristow’s Barn is the second property on the right hand side (the first is Springfield bungalow) after you have followed the road round to the left at the small bridge (there are other properties before this point).