Dogs: Unlimited dogs / reactive dog friendly
Sleeps Max: 4
Quirky seaside cabin welcoming unlimited dogs
“What a great place to get away from it all and being on the beach was the perfect getaway with the dogs. Love the quirky designs, a great space and having such safe all round enclosed area and garden meant the dogs were totally safe.”
- In a quiet and old fashioned little seaside hamlet of Eccles on Sea
- On an unmade road, as far from the hustle and bustle of daily life as you can get
- Walk easily from here to Cart Gap and the lovely dog friendly café Smallsticks.
- A mile walk on the lovely sandy beach, or on the quiet track behind the dunes, will take you to Sea Palling with its great beach, dog friendly pub, shop, chippy and cafe. Be sure to try the hot fresh doughnuts!
- Seals will often bob up in the sea to accompany you on your walk.
- An inland walk will take you easily to the Lessingham Star (dog friendly pub) along quiet lanes. (see here for the route)
- Sunsets from the decking across the fields, towards the Happisburgh lighthouse, are stunning
- The night sky here is very unpolluted and star watching is a real treat.
For the dogs:
- A welcome to unlimited dogs for free
- Great walks on the beach and into the countryside along livestock free tracks
- Throws for the sofas
- Crates: We would prefer that your dogs are not left alone in the property unless you are 100% confident that they will not get stressed. If they are crate trained and you would like to use a crate, please do ask us – we have two medium sized ones here at the cottage. Sue can provide other sizes and they are all loaned out for free. We know how bulky they are to pack!
- Dog sitting. If you would like to go out for a few hours and leave the dogs but are not confident they will settle, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a dog sitter recommendation – Shannons Sitting Services – or Sue may be able to do it – she only lives down the road.
- Bowls, toys, poo bags
- Nero’s Kitchen biscuits on arrival
For the humans:
- All bed linen
- Hand, bath and tea towels
- Free wifi
- Welcome goodies + tea, coffee and sugar
About the property
All about the inside:
Entry is through the front door and into the hallway, leading to the ….
Open plan living/dining/kitchen area: From the funky, patchwork chair at one end to the lovely big sofa at the other end, this area is just full of interesting bits of furniture and features! Shabby chic drawers, industrial pieces, painted furniture – a really unique style.
Right in the middle is the wooden table to seat 6 and sitting here means you can look out through the two double French doors that open onto the decking. The lovely big sofa has a unique sea sky painting right behind it and is next to one of the French doors so you can sit in the sunlight. When this sofa is used as a double bed, shut yourself away with a pretty, floaty curtain to section off this area from the rest of the living area. The is a new electric wood burner.
There is a wall mounted smart TV with Netflix available for you to log in to your own account.
The kitchen area: Simple, open plan and has a bar with two stools so you can sit and chat to the cook or do those peeling and chopping jobs! There is an electric cooker, washing machine, under counter fridge and freezer, microwave, toaster and a great selection of crockery and cutlery. Enough for 6. Off this main area at the kitchen end is the …
Bathroom: White, freestanding, roll top bath, ceramic sink and toilet, and electric radiators. All newly installed. At the other end of this main living area are…..
King size bedroom: Lovely white metal framed bed with chest of drawers and bedside tables.
Twin bedroom: Two lovely single beds (which can be pushed together with a kingsize mattress topper) with bedside tables and room for a cot if needed (we can provide this).
Shower room: Modern fitted and fully tiled shower room with toilet and sink. The shower is around 5″ from the floor and very easy to get into, so ideal for any mobility issues.
All about the outside:
This cabin is a perfect place to live outdoors as much as indoors! The two French double doors lead out onto the decking. There is a table and two chairs where you can sit and watch the sun go down across the fields with a sundowner or enjoy breakfast for two. The decking looks over the lovely little planted up pond, all fully fenced off. You can look down and watch the insects flying about on it. It is accessible but it is gated and bolted.
Down the steps at one end there is a grass area with bench table and seats. At the other end there is a little summer house under a tree; this has a bar in it and a lovely funky sofa as well as more seating outside. All of this area is fully securely fenced with 4ft+ fencing all around but still with an amazing view of the sunsets.
You can park up to 2 cars off road on the gravelled parking off road. Go in through the tall gate on the left and that will take you onto the decking that surrounds the cabin.
Will this property suit my dogs?
The short answer is yes. Unlimited dogs are welcome. The garden is totally secure. Not huge for running around but the beach is perfect for that and just a minute’s walk away! There is no view of any passing dogs or cars so it is ideal for reactive dogs; though bear in mind there may of course be dogs and cars passing occasionally. Dogs are allowed in the bedrooms and on the beds if you bring your own bedlinen, so no need to change their routines.
- The owner lives in the mobile home next door and is there to help if needed.
- All major supermarkets deliver to Cornerways
- Gas central heating throughout.
The cabin is all on one level and the shower is a walk in shower but given the steps up and down in and out of the property, the accessibility for Cornerways is limited.
“Lovely gift basket, thank you. What a great place to get away from it all and being on the beach was the perfect getaway with the dogs. Love the quirky designs, a great space and having such safe all round enclosed area and garden meant the dogs were totally safe. Having two bathrooms with a shower and a bath was a great luxury. We highly recommend (especially for the amazing starlings and sparrows!) We will definitely be coming back again”
“Had a lovely relaxing stay at Cornerways. D0gs loved the beaches both across the road and the busier one at Sea Palling. We were made to feel very welcome and on the few occasions we bumped into Lee Ann, she was lovely and very accommodating. Would love to come back again in the future.” – Crawford Family from Essex with Murphy, Al, Woody and Digby the Beagles.
“We have really enjoyed our stay at Cornerways. Thank you for the lovely welcome hamper. We found the house very dog friendly and a relaxing space. Very comfortable. Having the beach so close is a real luxury. We have also enjoyed using the bikes to get around and seeing the seals at Waxham and Horsey beach in the glorious weather that we had. I have enjoyed the sunsets looking out to the lighthouse. Overall we have had a lovely relaxing holiday and don’t want to go home! Thank you for having us and we hope to return soon.” – Andy, Victoria and Edward and Toby the dog.