Dogs: 4 but flexible
Sleeps Max: 6
Character cottage tucked away in a seaside village
“We had a fantastic stay at Deepdale Cottage. The cottage was in a fantastic location, literally around the corner from Sea Palling Beach, which is one of the nicest beaches we have found, you could literally walk for miles! Bonnie our King Charles Spaniel loved the cottage, and the enclosed garden was a favourite of hers. Hopefully we would love to return one day, as this coastline is truly amazing and so dog friendly.“
Deepdale Cottage is in a perfect location. Sea Palling is a fabulous little village with lots to offer, busy on sunny weekends but at Deepdale, you wouldn’t know it. At the end of a private track, it is detached with a mature garden and enclosed parking. From Sea Palling you can easily get up and down the coast to the huge selection of other sandy beaches and be on a boat on the Norfolk Broads within a few miles.
- Sea Palling has a popular pub right by the beach – Reefs Bar
- The dog friendly village café – Sandy Hills – is famous for the hot chocolate and fresh doughnuts
- The village shop is well stocked and very friendly, a short walk away
- Children have the choice of 2 play areas outside and a small arcade to spend your money!
- The Blue Flag beach is dog friendly year round with rock reefs forming quiet sea areas.
- Tide in? No problem, head south along the dunes and enjoy the views. Stop for a coffee at the Dunes Cafe at Waxham Barns and walk back when the tide is going out.
For the dogs:
- Crates: We would prefer that your dogs are not left alone in the property unless you are 100% confident that they will not get stressed. If they are crate trained and you would like to use a crate, please do ask us – we can provide all sizes for free loan. We know how bulky they are to pack!
- Dog sitting. If you would like to go out for a few hours and leave the dogs but are not confident they will settle, please contact email@example.com for a dog sitter recommendation – Shannons Sitting Services – or Sue may be able to do it.
- Small, medium or large crate on request.
- Dog treats, dog bowls, poo bags, dog beds.
- Throws for sofa and beds.
- Plenty of dog towels.
- Fully enclosed secure garden (6ft hedge/fence at highest, lowest is approx 4ft gate)
For the humans:
- Electricity and heating inc wood for woodburner
- Bed linen, towels and kitchen linens
- Tea, coffee, sugar
- Welcome pack of local goodies
- Free WiFi
- Washer/dryer, dishwasher, hairdryer, iron and board
- Weber BBQ
About the property
All about the inside:
Through the front door and into a very useful hall way, with hooks for coats and plenty of room for boots. Tiled floor for ease of keeping clean. Just off this is the ..
Washing machine/tumble drier, dog towels, beach equipment, ironing board and other useful items!
Bath and over bath shower are in this newly fitted out room. Sink and toilet also.
From the hall, go into the…
Lovely big open plan kitchen with dining area – all wood floored. Very well equipped for cooking with electric range cooker (double oven and grill) and 6 gas burners including a central one, ideal for stir frying. There is a microwave, kettle and toaster too. The fridge freezer is a tall, free standing model with plenty of space for fresh and frozen food.
There is a built in dresser/cupboard with plenty of room for all your holiday food (and wine!) and plenty of cupboard space as well as worktop space. A proper family kitchen!
The dining table is pine and seats 6 with a chair to the side, a butchers block and drawers. The window has a view out onto the garden. There is an electric woodburner in this room but only for decorative purposes.
From here you go past the bottom of the stairs to the ….
Comfy seating with a coffee table, tv and dvd player. The wood burner is great for cosy evenings in and the wood is available from the garden store. From here a half glass door takes you through to the ….
Beautiful big, airy space with lovely views into the garden and a door opening out into it. Plenty of seating – sofas and rocking chair making it a lovely place to relax. A pine blanket box has dog throws in for the sofas. Go back through the lounge to the ..
The stairs are carpeted, have a hand rail and are straight and slightly steep. The owners have provided a stairgate at the top and bottom. the landing there is a pine wardrobe and the 3 bedrooms are off this.
A large room with a king size bed, built in wardrobe, mirror, side tables and lamps. Views out across the fields.
Another spacious room with wooden framed double bed, wardrobe, mirror, side tables and lamps. View into the garden.
Trundle bed (set up as single – can be twins), hanging space in the built in cupboard, mirror, side table and lamp.
All about the outside:
There is enough parking off the private driveway and within the garden for up to 3 small cars but do bear in mind that turning can be tricky. Entrance is through through the gate (3.5ft) and the parking area is gravelled.
The garden is enclosed all around with fence and hedge (4 – 5ft) with a lot of lovely mature hedge and trees, planted beds and lots of grass! It’s been a family house for many years so it is a practical garden, great for dogs to run around in. Do please be aware that the chickens from next door occasionally get into the garden.
Will this property suit my dogs?
There are neighbouring chickens and ducks, the noise of which may bother your dogs and occasionally escape and get into the Deepdale garden. Jumpers may be able to clear the gate but would only end up on the private track or neighbouring garden.
If your dogs love the beach then this is certainly the place for them! The easy access beach is a short walk away down Beach Road and then you have miles of sand for them to run on and some safe swimming too.
- We accept approx. four dogs but please do ask us if you have more as we can be flexible!
- Deepdale Cottage is non smoking.
- There isn’t a lot of room for manouvre in the parking area and access so please bear this in mind if bringing large vehicles.
- There is only the one bathroom, downstairs.
- Occasionally the chickens from next door may get into the garden.
With the bedrooms all being upstairs and the house being an older property, it does have accessibility limitations.
Parking is right outside the house and on gravel.
The bathroom is downstairs but there isn’t one upstairs.
The stairs have a rail on either side and are carpeted but steep.
Internal doors are not wheelchair width.
“Thank you very much for a wonderful week at Deepdale Cottage! Very comfortable (especially the beds!) Clean and well equipped. We were very grateful for the quick delivery of a hairdryer, really appreciated! We really enjoyed our time here. Both the cottage and the village with lots of amenities nearby and beautiful beach! I can see us returning in the future! Thanks again.” – Jo, Richard, Roz, Richard and Belle, Casey, Meg and Millie
“We had a fantastic stay at Deepdale Cottage. Sue from ERC was so helpful and accomodating with our booking. The cottage was in a fantastic location, literally around the corner from Sea Palling Beach, which is one of the nicest beaches we have found, you could literally walk for miles! Bonnie our King Charles Spaniel loved the cottage, and the enclosed garden was a favourite of hers. Hopefully we would love to return one day, as this coastline is truly amazing and so dog friendly.”
“We have had a wonderful break at Deepdale Cottage. The location is fantastic less than five minutes walk to the Blue Flag Sea Palling Beach . It is also within easy reach of numerous other beaches and points of interest, such as NT Blickling Hall, where we had a fabulous sunny walk in the grounds, followed by hot chocolate at the Muddy Boots Cafe . The three dogs loved the spacious, secure garden and beach walks, also the treats provided for them. The cottage is surprisingly spacious with a large kitchen diner and three really good sized bedrooms. The beds were very comfortable too. The lounge is very cosy with the wood burner to relax after long walks. Would thoroughly recommend Deepdale and ERC cottages as ever, this being our 11th happy visit .”
“What a wonderful time we had at Deepdale Cottage, great cottage with everything anyone could need, perfect enclosed garden for dogs we have three retrievers and they loved it, it’s less than 5 mins walk to the best beaches in Norfolk we been to, only thing that was sad was the day we had to leave , it was wonderful.”
How to find us
Beach Road, Sea Palling. NR12 0UE
What3Words Location: ///quashes.walks.spilled
Head from Stalham to Sea Palling along the Stalham Road. Turn into Sea Palling on Beach Road and just as you turn there is a track (not tarmaced) on the left. If you get to the shop on the right you have gone too far. Look out for the sign selling eggs. Go along this track and Deepdale Cottage is at the end, on the left.