Dogs: Unlimited dogs welcome
Sleeps Max: 10
A proper seaside dog & family friendly house!
“Our second trip back to St Benets at Sea Palling. Loved it just as much as the first time round.
Don’t think there is a better dog friendly family holiday house.”
This comfortable house sleeps up to 12 in 5 bedrooms a perfect number would probably be between 6 and 10. There are 2 bathrooms, one of which is nearly big enough to party in! All bedrooms are very comfortable with good quality mattresses and beds and most of them have flat screen TVs too. UNLIMITED dogs are welcome! There are low occupancy discounts available when booking for 6 guests or fewer outside of the main summer season.
Come and try this dog friendly family house in seaside Sea Palling – with its Blue Flag, award winning beach! Book here.
- Sea Palling beach is protected by huge rock reefs which form calm areas of water along the main part of the beach and are ideal for swimming and paddling. Windsurfers and paddle boarders like it here too!
- Dog walking here is just perfect and whilst there are restrictions in place from May to September it is only to the left of the access ramp. If you head to the right you can walk the dogs for miles on the sandy beach.
- When the tide is in, how about walking through the network of paths in the the dunes and maybe stop off at nearby Dunes Cafe at Waxham Barns for a coffee and cake.
- If you stroll a bit further on to the Nelson’s Head at Horsey you can have a meal or drink in this character pub overlooking grazing marshes and walk inland to Horsey wind pump.
- We are so lucky to have Grey seals as a common and amazing sight along this stretch of coast and during the winter months a huge colony gathers to give birth to the seal pups, well within walking distance. Have a read about these amazing creatures here.
- Want to find out more about this area? Have a look at this page of the website for beaches, café, links to Norfolk’s fabulous places – the Norfolk Broads, beaches, play areas for children, National Trust and more!
For the dogs:
- Unlimited dog welcome for free.
- Large dog crate – 30″ x 48″ (smaller ones available on request)
- We would prefer that your dogs are not left alone in the property unless you are 100% confident that they will not get stressed. If they are crate trained and you would like to use a crate, please do ask us. We know how bulky they are to pack!
- Dog sitting. If you would like to go out for a few hours and leave the dogs but are not confident they will settle, please contact email@example.com for a dog sitter recommendations or Sue may be able to do it.
- Enough freezer space for raw food. The Raw Dog Food Company delivery to all ERC properties with a min order charge of £10.
- Dog bed, throws, bowls.
- Fully enclosed back garden with high solid fence, high wrought iron gate, hedge/fence
- Dogs allowed on sofas with the throws
- Stair gates
- VERY short walk to dog friendly beach, cafe, bar
For the humans:
- All bed linen. We supply hand towels – one per bathroom – and tea towels but not bath towels.
- Comprehensive information on places to visit, walk and eat.
- A selection of maps and books for the area.
- Travel cot and highchair available
- Games, jigsaws, DVDs and CDs and Nintendo Wii
- Free Wi-Fi – BT Fibre 2, 40-45Mbps
- All heating costs are included apart from fuel for open fire which is easily available locally. Enough coal for your first fire is provided.
- A welcome pack of local goodies
- Bedding is all non-feather, lightweight duvets with some heavier weight spares available
- Low occupancy discounts. Just put the number of guests into the dates you are interested to see if the price is discounted.
About the property
All about the inside:
Open the front door and step into the wood floored hall with the stairs in front of you and plenty of space under them for hanging coats, storing shoes and dog leads.
Here you have plenty of space, 3 comfortable sofas with a large coffee table in the centre of the room. Cuddle up with the dogs and watch the large flat screen tv with dvd player and DVDs. Kids large and small can have fun with the Nintendo Wii. The floor is wood with rugs and the beautiful Victorian tiled fireplace is fully working. It’s very calming to have it lit on a cool evening and a small amount of coal/kindling is supplied for the cooler weather.
Opposite the living room is the…
This is another spacious room, wooden floors throughout, sturdy wooden table and chairs to seat 6 – 8. The Victorian fire place here is just a feature but a very lovely one. If you want to pick a book to read on holiday, the book shelves have plenty of holiday reading material. There is a Retro Bush radio and some lovely prints and photos on the walls and pine dresser full of useful things! A half glazed door leads through to the …
Lots of room in here to seat 8 at the solid pine table. The large pine dresser has all your crockery in and more. We’ve got all the appliances in here – dishwasher, washing machine, free standing tall fridge/freezer plus an under the counter fridge and a separate under the counter freezer. That gives you plenty of room for the family’s food and works well for raw dog food feeders.
For those doing the cooking there is a double electric oven with hob, microwave with grill and 4 slice toaster. When you are cheffing you can choose from a great selection of cooking and serving equipment and if you do find yourself in there slaving over the family dinner there is a flat screen TV, DVD player, radio and bluetooth speaker to keep you entertained!
From here a half glazed door leads directly out onto the patio and into the secure and fully enclosed garden so dogs can come and go safely from the kitchen.
Head back into the wooden floored hallway (past plenty of under stair space) and up the carpeted stairs. These are steep but have hand rails on both sides. Stair gates are fitted top and bottom. Up to the landing and …
Huge – and we mean huge – room with king size double divan bed, another Victorian style fireplace feature, wardrobes, chest of drawers, bedside cabinets, dressing table and bedside lights. The blinds protect your privacy but you can see out onto the old chapel and out towards the open countryside and the dunes.
Another airy room with decorative metal framed double bed, Victorian style fireplace feature, pine wardrobe, chest of drawers and blanket box. Pop your stuff on and in the bedside cabinets and enjoy a bedtime read with reading lights or watch the wall mounted flat screen TV.
Further down the hall is …..
So in this room we have twin, large single divan beds, another one of those gorgeous Victorian style fireplace features, a useful chest of drawers and wall mounted flat screen TV. A good bedroom for the kids to use.
At the end of the hall is….
The bath here has a hand held shower and there is a toilet and sink with a bathroom cabinet above. The room is fully tiled with a fun marine theme and decorative tile panels. Small but perfectly functional!
Up the next set of stairs to…..
Another large room with twin double beds, pine furniture including dressing table and chest of drawers. There is another wall mounted flat screen TV and DVD player. A great room for a group of up to 4 children if they don’t mind sharing beds.
Twin large singles with bedside cabinets and pine furniture, wall mounted flat screen TV and DVD player. Great views out over the village, onto the fields and dunes and you can see the village play area too.
We think this is probably the biggest bathroom in Sea Palling! There’s a bath with handheld shower plus a separate large shower cubicle with sliding doors. Of course a sink and toilet plus a pine baby changing unit and wall mounted cupboard, laundry basket, heated towel rail and bags of space. All decorated with a marine theme.
All about the outside:
The fully secure back garden can be reached through a gate from the drive and from the kitchen back door. The gate beside the house is wrought iron with a smaller mesh panel at the bottom to stop even the smallest dogs squeezing through. We’ve tested it with chihuahuas! Sit out on the small patio in the sunshine and you may well be able to hear the sea. The rest is grass with a high (7ft) wooden fence on two sides and a hedge and mesh link fence along the other side. This makes it totally secure for dogs and children. Just what a dog friendly family house should be!
There is a paved and gated area so you can park up to 2 cars directly outside the house. Car parking is also allowed on the double yellow lines outside the house between 1 October and 30 April. Outside this time restrictions apply – plenty of parking is provided further along in Clink Road. (see Please Note section below).
Want a bbq? Yep, there’s charcoal barbecue in the outside shed. Plus a parasol for the table, wind breaks for the beach and plenty of other beach-y things in there too. Hopefully you will get lots of use from these!
Will this property suit my dogs?
Unlimited dogs are welcome at St Benets and the garden is very secure for small and large dogs. It’s not huge BUT that is more than made up for by the acres of beach you can access in just minutes. If you have sociable and active dogs it will work well. There might possibly be other dogs on one side of the fence but it is well covered by hedge too. Beach road can get busy on sunny, summer days with other dogs being walked to and from the beach so it won’t be ideal for reactive dogs. The locals are dog friendly!
Try this walk with the dogs along the back of the dunes to The Dunes Cafe at Waxham Barns and then back along the beach, or vice versa! WALK
You can walk in the other direction easily too, at the back of the dunes if the tide is in or along the miles of sandy beaches. Once you get away from the ramp access area you will find very few other dogs walking in either direction, so it can be great for reactive dogs and off lead zoomies!
- No smoking please in the house.
- Arrival time 4pm, departure time 10am
- Plenty of parking is provided further along in Clink Road priced at £1.50 per hour or £7 for 24 hours.
- Bike hire is available locally at Sea Palling Cycle Hire
- Find out more about about bookings and much more here on our FAQ page.
- If you want to see just where this house is, our ERC Google map is here.
- All major supermarkets deliver here, we are happy to accept and put away an order if delivered between 1pm-4pm on the day of arrival.
Parking is right outside the house. Steps into the hallway and a decent amount of room downstairs. All bedrooms and bathrooms are up stairs. Steep but straight, carpeted and with hand rail.
Lovely property which was immaculately clean. Really dog friendly family house with an abundance of throws so the dogs could chill out with us on the sofas. Fully enclosed back garden meant we could let them out without worrying. The location of the property is brilliant with the beach being a couple of minutes walk away (even with two elderly dogs slowing us down). It would be an ideal property for a large family – plenty of bedrooms and two bathrooms. The kitchen was very well equipped and had everything you could wish for. We had a fabulous break and would love to return again one day. We love Sea Palling!
First time to Sea Palling. A lovely place, people are so friendly and welcoming 🙂 Thank you for welcome pack, especially home made biscuits for dogs – they all loved them. Very accommodating for the dogs – thank you. The house is huge, lovely dog friendly, family home. Top bathroom is gorgeous. Every utensil, cutlery available, all the electrical appliances that you could need. Fabulous location, so lovely to be so close to sea. We seen some seals which made our holiday!
The Heyworth Family
Not many places tick as many boxes as this house and Sea Palling is a hidden Gem. We won’t be spreading the word as we want to keep it all to ourselves! The house and location seemed to have been designed for our families made up of 4 children under 8, 6 adults ranging from mid 30s to mid 70s and an ageing Golden Retriever (who thinks this place is wonderful!) Thank you , thank you, thank you! East Ruston Cottages – an excellent company too – booking was so easy and Sue attended to our every query quickly and accurately. Shame her company only covers this areas. Everywhere could do with a Sue!
Yardy and Teeth families
Our 3rd visit to St Benets. 4th time at Sea Palling. Can’t wait to come back. Massive thank you to Sue and guys at East Ruston Cottages. We are taking home 3 very happy beach bum dogs! We will see you soon. Love St Benets. Woof, woof, bow, wow!
Irene and Geoff with Bailey, Socks and Titch
Another lovely weekend at the fab St Benets. We have 2 worn out dogs, 5 entertained children and 6 relaxed adults. Thank you. PS The lemon drizzle cake was amazing.
The Stutters, The Ockmores and the Taylors
Another great relaxing week here. Visited The Star at Lessingham again for 2 fab meals! Dogs had a great time on the beaches, the only drawback was our friends Jane and Simon and their 5 dogs should have been here as well but due to one of their dogs being very poorly, they couldn’t come – let’s hope we can do this again next year. Thanks for everything.
Ruth, Allan, Tulah and Alice (dogs)
Our second trip back to St Benets. Loved it just as much as the first time round. Don’t think there is a better holiday home. Love Sea Palling. Never been before last year, but is now a firm favourite not just mine but whole family. Beach is gorgeous!! Thank you Sue, for such brilliant holiday home. Great venue. Fantastic beach walks for the goldens.
Chris, Ron and dogs
We have just come had a wonderful week in St Benets. The house has character and is really super: spacious, well equipped and clean. We were 5 adults, 2 children and 3 dogs and the 5 bedrooms on 2 floors gave everyone space and you didn’t feel disturbed at all. The beach, only 150 metres away, is fabulous and we could walk for miles with the dogs who really loved it. It was great to see the seals – their heads popped up from the water and it was like they were watching us in the same way we were watching them 🙂 We would also like to thank Sue for the fantastic friendly service, it’s a much nicer experience than booking with any other holiday letting organisation. We ordered food on the internet and it was all unpacked and put away in cupboards, fridge and freezer when we arrived. We will definitely come back next year. We will book as soon as we have the dates for the school holidays. Thank you.
Mia and Co
How to find us
How to find us: NR12 0AL (St Benets, Beach Road, Sea Palling)
What3Words location: ///passively.agreeable.exhales
Or – From A149 at Stalham, take the turning onto “Old Market Road” signposted towards Ingham, Lessingham and Sea Palling and follow the signs to Sea Palling. Turn left onto Beach Road in the centre of the village. St Benets is on your left hand side as you approach the beach end of the road; the first of a pair of 3 storey, semi detached houses opposite The Old Chapel.