Dogs: 4 but flexible / reactive dog friendly
Sleeps Max: 4
Cosy and comfortable seaside living!
“What an absolutely fantastic and faultless dog friendly place to stay. The modern furnishing and high standard of this beautiful cottage has made us never want to leave. This is the first place we have felt truly at ease with our fur babies. The enclosed garden is wonderful and the path to the beach (2 cottages up) was just brilliant!”
**Book any remaining January or February week and get £100 Ingham Swan voucher**
Beautifully renovated property with modern living in an old fashioned coastal area between Eccles On Sea and Happisburgh. Dormy is a single storey, luxury escape with everything you could need for a dog friendly break by the sea.
- On an unmade, single track road, as far from the hustle and bustle of daily life as you can get.
- Walk easily from here to Cart Gap and the lovely dog friendly café Smallsticks*.
- A mile walk on the lovely sandy beach or on the quiet track behind the dunes, will take you to Sea Palling
- Sea Palling has a dog friendly pub, shop, chippy and cafes. Be sure to try Beach Rock Bistro* – our favourite!
- Seals will often bob up in the sea to accompany you on your walk.
- Norfolk Broads National Park is only a short drive away.
- Located a short walk from Sand Drift if you wanted to stay in the same area and Dormy is booked.* Repeat guests are offered vouchers for these cafes (among others!) – we love having you back and we love supporting our independent local businesses
For the dogs:
- 2 minutes from the beach
- Warm outside doggy shower
- Dog first aid kit
- Throws for sofas
- Crates (1x L, 1x M, 1x S)
- Bowls, toys, leads and poo bags
- Nero’s Kitchen biscuits on arrival*
- Dog beds
- Dog buggy hire if required
- Plenty of dog towels
- Fully enclosed secure garden
* if we are unable to supply Nero’s Kitchen biscuits, another quality dog biscuit pack will be supplied as a gift to our doggy guests.
For the humans:
- Gas BBQ
- Underfloor heating throughout
- Luxury bed linen
- Hairdryer in each bedroom
- Very generous welcome goodies + tea, coffee, milk and sugar
- Superfast broadband
- 6 seater garden table, chairs and parasol
- Cot and highchair (available on request) and Thule urban glide push chair
- Nespresso coffee machine with pods in hamper
- Games, book and maps
- Smart TV’s lounge and both bedrooms
- Echo Dot speaker
About the property
All about the inside:
Large and spacious modern shaker kitchen with plenty of storage. There is an integrated fridge, freezer (69l), eye level oven and combo microwave. Opposite this there is a 5-ring induction hob with pan drawers below. There is a kettle, toaster and Nespresso coffee machine. An integrated slimline dishwasher and washer/dryer complete this well equipped kitchen.
Lovely dining table to seat everyone with double French doors looking out over the front garden. Two comfortable sofas are the perfect place to chill out after a days exploring and watch the large flat screen Smart TV. There is a coat and boot rack, side board, coffee table and display cabinet filled with books and games.
Wooden king size bed with matching bedside tables and lamps. A chest of drawers and wardrobe offer plenty of storage. A wall hung Smart TV for lazy mornings in bed and views from the window over the fields.
This room can be made up as a super king double or 2x 3′ single beds with mattress topper. Another Smart TV in here, chest of drawers and views over the large garden.
Beautiful modern tongue and groove bath with waterfall shower and handheld shower head. Wash basin with LED sensor lit mirror, WC and large towel radiator.
All about the outside:
Pull up to the property and on to the shingle driveway through the 5-bar gate where there is parking for 2 cars. The front garden has a patio with seating. There is 3ft picket fencing to each side and views over the fields from this direction.
To the rear of there is a fully enclosed garden with patio and large grassed area. There is a large dining table and chairs with cushions which can be stored in the shed, the one where you can also store your bikes etc. The side fences are solid and over 5ft. The bottom of the garden is 4.5ft picket fencing with a second layer of chicken wire so is little dog proofed! On the other side there are dune shrubs making it difficult to jump into if you have a fence hopper!
Want to see more of our cottages suitable for reactive dogs? Check out our blog > Want to bring your reactive dog on holiday?
Will this property suit my dogs?
You will have no problems in the secure back garden which is very private. If your dog is a jumper, they might be able to scale the bottom where the picket fencing is but there are lots of shrubs and growth as well as the sand dunes bank on the other side to make this difficult. No escaping joy for diggers or little dogs being able to squeeze through! And if your dog loves miles and miles of sandy beaches and quiet county walks, Dormy will be the perfect location for them!
- Arrival is from 4pm, check out by 10am.
- Dormy is a non-smoking and non-vaping property (included in the Terms & Conditions)
- All supermarkets deliver to the property but please ensure you are here to receive it.
- The road to the property is unmade but easily passable at slow speeds.
- Electric car, bike and scooter charging is NOT available at this property.
- Dogs are welcome to share beds if you bring your own bed linen.
- Crates: We would prefer that your dogs are not left alone in the property unless you are 100% confident that they will not get stressed. If they are crate trained and you would like to use a crate, please do ask us – we can provide all sizes for free loan. We know how bulky they are to pack!
- Dog sitting. If you would like to go out for a few hours and leave the dogs but are not confident they will settle, please see our website page – It’s a Dogs Life – for dog sitter recommendations (Shannon’s Pet Services would be our local recommendation for Dormy).
Parking is right outside the house but is on gravel. The gravel continues to the back door. There is easier access through the front patio doors across grass.
Access to the rear door is gated so may not be suitable for wheelchairs access but the front patio doors are wide. There are a couple of steps to get into the property at the front and rear but no steps within.
The kitchen, dining and lounge area are open plan so plenty of space for moving around and the floors are solid with rugs.
The property does not cater specifically for mobility, audibly or visually impaired guests but please do contact us if you would like to know more – firstname.lastname@example.org.
Access to the beach is along a short, un-made track with significant pot holes and then up a short concrete ramp.
“What an absolutely fantastic and faultless dog friendly place to stay. The modern furnishing and high standard of this beautiful cottage has made us never want to leave. The welcome pack was truly appreciated and of the highest quality – beyond our expectations! This is the first place we have felt truly at ease with our fur babies. The enclosed garden is wonderful and the path to the beach (2 cottages up) was just brilliant! We really cannot wait to rebook Dormy Thank you for the most brilliant holiday!” – Jordan, Ryan, Ronnie, Murphy and Dottie
“What a fantastic, warm and incredibly clean property. We are amazed we have found another 5/5 ERC property. Honestly, we love it here! The welcome pack was superb with bacon, sausages, and cheese just to name a few delights. All locally sourced. The beach being a 2 min walk from here was a big hit. Just a lane down the side, two properties down. Our two pointers Max and Ring loved it. Also such a large garden to whizz about in if they had any energy left was just perfect. Again, lovely attention to details with the pictures on the walls, warm thick towels and comfortable beds made our week wonderful. Thank you, we hope to be able to come back!” – Jo and Paul and Max and Riggs
“We are delighted to be the first guests to stay here. We found Dormy to be very stylish, comfortable and well equipped with many thoughtful touches. Our dog Bess also appreciated lots of walks by the beach and swimming in the sea. We would definitely recommend The Ingham Swan for a special meal and enjoyed visiting Horsey beach – there should be seal pups later this month onwards. We appreciated the welcome pack and very responsive owners when we needed some initial advice. We loved it here and hope to be back again soon!” – Pat and Steve
“We have had a truly relaxing, peaceful week at Dormy. The thoughtful attention to detail makes it feel a real home from home and enabled us to begin enjoying our holiday from the start. We loved the location. Fudge loved his beach walks and playing in the waves. We will be back for sure!” – Sue, Michael and Fudge.
How to find us
Ensure you approach the property from the Cart Gap end of the road. Coming in from Stalham, follow the road through Ingham and onto Lessingham. If your sat nav tells you to turn right in Lessingham, ignore it and head towards Happisburgh. Before you get into the village itself, there is a left hand bend with a road on the right leading to Cart Gap. It is single track with passing places. It brings you to the Cart Gap car park (and lifeboat station) right by the beach where you turn right and start down the bumpy road. Dormy isn’t too far down here on the left.
OR if coming from Happisburgh, come through the village, out towards Lessingham and take the turning left to Cart Gap on your way out of the village.
DO NOT arrive via the Bush Estate in Eccles On Sea – the roads are very badly potholed.