Dogs: 4 but flexible
Sleeps Max: 4
Stylish annexe near the beach
“Fantastic week and can’t wait to come back. Tracie was fabulous with local knowledge and Izy and Ginny enjoyed the beach walks.”
- Edelweiss is a very elegant and stylish annexe in the historic coastal village of Happisburgh.
- The walking route to the beach takes you a short way along the road before turning up through a farmyard and onto the track leading to the cliffs and beach at Happisburgh and Cart Gap where Smallsticks Cafe is a great place to stop for a dog friendly snack.
- All on one level with an ensuite bathroom, very well fitted kitchen.
- Courtyard area at the front is beautifully planted, has AstroTurf grass, seating and a barbecue.
- Edelweiss is ideal for 2 but the large sofa is also a very comfortable sofa bed so 4 people can stay here easily.
- The sofa and floors may be white but they are very easy to clean!
- Easy access up and down the coast to explore a lot more of Norfolk.
- Plenty of dog friendly cafes, pubs and beaches all around the area – see our list on the website here.
For the dogs:
- Crates: We would prefer that your dogs are not left alone in the property unless you are 100% confident that they will not get stressed. If they are crate trained and you would like to use a crate, please do ask us – we can provide all sizes for free loan. We know how bulky they are to pack!
- Dog sitting. If you would like to go out for a few hours and leave the dogs but are not confident they will settle, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a dog sitter recommendation – Shannons Sitting Services – or Sue may be able to do it.
- Outside hose
- Poo bags and bin outside
- Astroturf in enclosed courtyard
For the humans:
- All bed linen and towels
- WiFi – Download 36Mbps, Upload 19Mbps
- Sky TV and Freeview
- Gas BBQ
- Outside seating
About the property
All about the inside:
Very light and white and spacious with engineered laminate floor throughout – easy to clean and not too slippery for paws. There is a large leather sofa and footstool and whilst the idea of a large white leather sofa might worry some dog owners, this has been specifically chosen for its easy clean (wipeable) surface. (Tracie and Neil who own the house have dogs of their own and lots of experience so they do know what dog owners need). Dogs are welcome to join you on it as long as you can bring your own throws with you.
Neil has made some lovely unique furniture – the tv stand is a converted Singer sewing machine base, the pine coffee table has rustic wheels and the light fittings are beautifully crafted by him too. The flat screen tv has Sky and there is good wifi here. From here the double doors lead to the…
Very well fitted with enough seating for 4. There is everything you need here – washing machine, tumble drier, dishwasher, fridge, freezer with enough room for raw food supplies – don’t forget our local Raw Dog Food Company deliver to all our properties for free. To cook on there is a hob and oven plus microwave, kettle and toaster and a filtered water tap too.
King size bed with plenty of storage and hanging space and another tv with Freeview for bedtime viewing. The ensuite bathroom has a bath with a shower over it plus a toilet, sink and bidet too.
All about the outside:
When you arrive, pull in through the large metal (electric) gates and onto the gravel parking in front of the annexe. The main house is to the right and the annexe is in front of you. Parking is in front of the pallisade fencing. The courtyard area here is the outside area for the annexe. Astroturf grass means no muddy paws and there is a hose outside too for washing it down. The bbq is a really neat one with a detachable top so you can take it over to the table and chairs outside (seats 4). There are even a couple of loungers for sitting out and enjoying the sunshine!
Will this property suit my dogs?
The fence is approx 3ft high; better suited to dogs that don’t jump. If they do, then they will be in the gravel parking area. The gates can be closed from Edelweiss for extra security. The owners have their own dogs (Bloodhounds) but they are kept very separate from guest dogs. However if you are interested in meeting them, Tracie will be only too pleased to introduce them!
- Please bring your own sofa throws.
- The owners live next door and are very knowledgeable about the area. They can be around to help if needed.
- If this is not the pawfect place for you then please have a look at our other properties.
- All major supermarkets deliver here. Please arrange your delivery for after your arrival so you are here to accept it.
Edelweiss is all on one level and access to the property from parking is very close by.
How to find us
How to Find Us: The White House, Whimpwell Green, Happisburgh, Norfolk NR12 0AJ
What3Words location: ///chair.dividers.listening
There are a number of ways to get to Happisburgh, depending on where you are coming from. Whimpwell Green is at the southern end of the village and The White House is on the road between two junctions – one with Whimpwell Common and the other with School Common Road. The property has a cobble wall and large black metal gates and is clearly marked The White House.