Stylish annexe in a character house near the beach
“Fantastic week and can’t wait to come back. Tracie was fabulous with local knowledge and Izy and Ginny enjoyed the beach walks.”
- Edelweiss is a very elegant and stylish annexe in the historic coastal village of Happisburgh.
- All on one level with an ensuite bathroom, very well fitted kitchen.
- Lovely big white and light open living space with stylish personal touches.
- Courtyard area at the front is beautifully planted, has astroturf grass, seating and a barbecue.
- Edelweiss is ideal for 2 but the large sofa is also a very comfortable sofa bed so 4 people can stay here with enough room and seating.
All about the inside
Very light and white and spacious with engineered laminate floor throughout – easy to clean. There is a large leather sofa and footstool and whilst the idea of a large white leather sofa might worry some dog owners, this has been specifically chosen for its easy clean (wipeable) surface. (Tracie and Neil who own the house have dogs of their own and lots of experience so they do know what dog owners need). Dogs are welcome to join you on it as long as you can bring your own throws with you. There are some lovely unique details, made by Neil – the tv stand is a converted Singer sewing machine base, the pine coffee table has rustic wheels and the light fittings are beautifully crafted by him too. The flat screen tv has Sky and there is good wifi here. From here the double doors lead to the…
Very well fitted with enough seating for 4. There is everything you need here – washing machine, tumble drier, dishwasher, fridge, freezer (enough room for raw food supplies) and hob and oven plus microwave, kettle and toaster and a filtered water tap too. Also off the living room is the …
King size bed with plenty of storage and hanging space and another tv with Freeview for bedtime viewing. The ensuite bathroom has a bath with a shower over it plus a toilet, sink and bidet too.
All about the outside
When you arrive, pull in through the large metal (electric) gates and onto the gravel parking in front of the annexe. The main house is to the right and the annexe is in front of you. Parking is in front of the pallisade fencing. The courtyard area here is the outside area for the annexe. Astroturf grass means no muddy paws and there is a hose outside too for washing it down. The bbq is a really neat one with a detachable top so you can take it over to the table and chairs outside (seats 4). There are even a couple of loungers for sitting out and enjoying the sunshine! The fence is approx 3ft high; better suited to dogs that don’t jump. If they do, then they will be in the gravel parking area. The gates can be closed from Edelweiss for extra security.
- The owners have their own dogs (Bloodhounds) but they are kept very separate from guest dogs.
- Parking for 2 cars on the gravel parking which is fenced and electric gates (guest have own access to this)
- The courtyard area is fenced by a 3ft (approx) fence.
- Please bring your own sofa throws.
- The owners live next door and are very knowledgeable about the area. They can be around to help if needed but also will ensure you are left well alone if you want.
- The walking route to the beach takes you a short way along the road before turning up through a farmyard and onto the track leading to the cliffs and beach at Happisburgh and Cart Gap.
This is how dog friendly we are!
- Outside hose
- Poo bags and bin outside
- Astroturf in enclosed courtyard
What else we provide for you!
- All bed linen and towels
- Sky TV and Freeview
- Outside seating
4-ish dogs welcome
“What a week! Beautiful place to stay and Tracie the host was amazing. nothing was too much trouble, from asking about the local area and the best places to walk our dogs. Teddy really loved the front garden because he could people watch. If you don’t fancy the beaches to sunbathe, the front garden is your goto. Thanks again Tracie, see you soon!”
“Fantastic week and can’t wait to come back. Tracie was fabulous with local knowledge and Izy and ginny enjoyed the beach walks. Bacton Woods is recommended if a woodland walk is needed. There is supposed to be a ghost in the woods but our puppies couldn’t find it. Thank you so much.”
“Thank you so much Tracie and Neil for providing us with an amazing place to stay. We have had a fantastic week. The cottage is beautiful, very comfortable and has everything you need. The surrounding area is great, we will definitely be back!”
Availability & Book Online
Location & Directions
How To Find Us:
How to Find Us: The White House, Whimpwell Green, Happisburgh, Norfolk NR12 0AJ
What3Words location: ///chair.dividers.listening
There are a number of ways to get to Happisburgh, depending on where you are coming from. Whimpwell Green is at the southern end of the village and The White House is on the road between two junctions – one with Whimpwell Common and the other with School Common Road. The property has a cobble wall and large black metal gates and is clearly marked The White House.
Looking for a dog friendly holiday cottage in Norfolk?
View our availability calendar...
Dog Friendly | Holiday Cottage | Norfolk
We are members of The Holiday Home Association (formerly EASCO - English Association of Self Catering Operators). Book with the confidence that you are using a bona fide and reputable business that has committed to the HHA Code of Practice. In the unlikely event of a complaint that cannot be resolved with us, you can use the HHA Dispute Resolution Service that provides for low-cost arbitration.
East Ruston Cottages Limited
Reg.No. 10048164 at Companies House, Cardiff
Sea Lows, Crowden Road, Eccles, Norfolk NR12 0SJ