Dogs: Unlimited dogs / reactive dog friendly
Sleeps Max: 12
Fabulous family-friendly house with Hot Tub, welcoming unlimited dogs!
“Warm and friendly welcome and ideal for dogs, not many places would take all 12 of ours! Some lovely touches like dog tags, treats and a lovely big garden, what more could we have asked for?!”
In the quiet and dog friendly Norfolk Broads village of Hickling and a very short drive from the coast. Two different places to get your paws wet! And get wet on the inside afterwards in the village pub within walking distance. See The Greyhound – very dog welcoming. There are plenty of sandy local beaches to go with the dogs – have a look at our beach page here.
- Misty Meadow has six bedrooms to sleep 12, all can be made as double or twins
- We can offer smaller group discounts outside the main part of the season.
- Two bedrooms downstairs.
- The garden is HUGE, grass and very secure too, not overlooked and nothing can be seen by dogs outside the boundary so perfect for reactive and energetic dogs.
- Hot tub available at an extra charge of £175 per booking.
For the dogs:
- UNLIMITED dogs are welcome, no charge of course
- 2 dog crates (L35 x H 25 x W22)
- We would prefer that your dogs are not left alone in the property unless you are 100% confident that they will not get stressed. If they are crate trained and you would like to use a crate, please do ask us for any of the above – other sizes are available on request. We know how bulky they are to pack!
- Dog sitting. If you would like to go out for a few hours and leave the dogs but are not confident they will settle, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a dog sitter recommendation – Shannons Sitting Services – or Sue may be able to do it.
- 3 dog beds -small, medium and large
- Throws and bowls.
- Huge secure garden to play in and walks from the door
- Plenty of freezer space for raw feeders. The Raw Dog Food Company do a great range and deliver free to all ERC properties. £10 min order fee.
For the humans:
- Brand new large Hot Tub – fits 5/6 adults (extra charge of £175)
- Charcoal BBQ
- All Egyptian cotton bed linen, bath sheets and hand towels
- Tea towels, washing up liquid, and a handful of dishwasher tables and Ariel pods.
- Tea, coffee and sugar and a welcome pack.
- A selection of maps and books for the area
- Travel cot and highchair
- Free Wi-Fi access (50 Mbps broadband).
- Quiet spaces to work
- All heating costs are included
- A basket of wood for the wood burner – further supplies are easily available locally. There is an honesty box for more wood (we ask for £5 per large basket.)
About the property
All about the inside:
Enter from the front door into the hallway with plenty of room for coats and shoes and off here is…
Downstairs Bedroom 1
A super-king zip and link bed – can be double or twin beds with bedside cabinets. Storage in the chest of drawers and wardrobe and your bed time reading on the bedside cabinets. Get up in the morning and open the curtains for a view into the front garden.
Very well-proportioned kitchen with a table for 6. Lots of storage for all the food you will need for the week (all supermarkets deliver here too). There’s a 5 ft high fridge, a dishwasher, microwave, a slow cooker and an induction range oven. The holiday chef is going to love the 5 induction rings, three ovens and a grill. And of course there is plenty of crockery, cutlery and glasses! Carry on through the kitchen into the utility room where there is a butler sink – very useful. The 3 ft high freezer has loads of room for the chips and peas and ice cream and the frozen dog food if you feed raw. With the washing machine, tumble dryer, dog towels, ironing board, steam iron and mop and bucket here too, this is a very useful room.
Return to the hallway and take your next right to:
Downstairs Bedroom 2
Another zip and link bed for the king-size double or twin beds option in this room. A gentleman’s wardrobe is also provided. The bedside units are there for your morning cuppa and bedtime book. Another bedroom with some lovely views into the garden. Across the hallway from here is the:
Plain and simple and very handy for the two downstairs bedrooms. Further along is the….
This is a lovely big room that stretches across the whole width of the house. Cosy up in front of the wood-burner and enjoy the flat-screen TV on the comfortable seating for up to 12. The floor is tiled and a large rug adds cosiness. Full of light in the summer, cosy in the winter. A perfect place to relax. From here go into the…
Great views of the huge garden from the dining table (seats 12). Perfect for big family dinners. In the sideboard you will find a wide selection of board games – get them out and start a holiday competition! We keep the selection of dog beds in this room too. Head back through the living room, up the stairs and up to the remaining bedrooms…
Upstairs Bedroom 3
A big room with another comfy zip and link bed which can be made into a super-king double or twin beds. There is plenty of room in the built-in wardrobe, a dressing table with mirror and bedside units. Views from this window are over the front garden and quiet lane.
Upstairs Bedroom 4
Another large bedroom to choose from with yet another super-king zip and link bed set up as a twin (can be a double of course) Rooms for all the clothes in the built-in wardrobe, chest of drawers and bedside units. Views over the back garden from this one.
Upstairs Bedroom 5
Generous sized bedroom with another super-king zip and link bed with the choice of double or twin beds. Another large built-in wardrobe, a dressing table and bedside units. A rear-facing window means you get some great views into the garden when you throw open the curtains in the morning.
Upstairs Bedroom 6
Yes, another bedroom! The last one though. And another good size a super-king zip and link bed with the double or twin choices. The usual built-in wardrobe, dressing table and bedside units mean there is plenty of room for your holiday unpacking. The window view from this room is onto the front garden.
A large family bathroom with a bath and 2 additional showers over the bath (one is a mixer and the other an electric). Toilet and sink too, obviously.
Upstairs Shower Room
In here there is a large shower and Mira mixer and toilet. Simple but effective!
All about the outside:
There is plenty of parking in the gravel drive for up to 6 cars.
You can get into the back garden in several places – through the rear utility room door, through the conservatory double doors or through the lounge double doors. It is a huge space – about half an acre laid mostly to lawn, with trees and shrubs. It is surrounded by 5.5 – 6 feet high solid fencing, so is very secure for pooch-safe play.
A recent addition is a large patio area and a Sundance hot tub under a big wooden pergola. Have a barbie out here in the sunny weather on the drum style BBQ for charcoal for guest use and bubble away in the hot tub watching the sky. This garden is a real gem – so much room for all the dogs that are welcome here, children can play all sorts of games and everyone will be secure and safe. Find out more about the nearby Norfolk Broads from our blog post.
Will this property suit my dogs?
We are confident that pretty much all dogs should be fine here (and we don’t have any limit on numbers). The garden is huge and very secure. Ideal for reactive dogs. No other dogs can be seen from the garden. The surrounding area is very quiet and residential so walks from the door are quiet and easy.
Want to do a simple 4km walk from the door from Misty Meadow?
Try this one that takes you along quiet lanes, field tracks and past Hickling Broad – click here
- No smoking please in the house
- Dogs upstairs only with prior arrangement
- Short breaks are welcome out of season – please do ask
- Arrival time 4pm, departure time 10am.
- All major supermarkets deliver here. Please ensure you are here to receive any deliveries.
- All bedding and pillows are synthetic.
Parking is right outside the front door. Small step into each door way. Downstairs bedroom and toilet. Downstairs shower room being added in 2022.
Warm and friendly welcome and ideal for dogs, not many places would take all 12 of ours! Some lovely touches like dog tags, treats and a lovely big garden, what more could we have asked for?! We will definitely be back. Lovely area to stay with some lovely walks. ….. a wonderful birthday getaway!
Had a fantastic time! Everyone loved the garden, kids, dogs + adults alike. Also appreciated the little touches (welcome pack), Tom enjoyed the library. Beds very comfortable, house in good location and plenty of things to do. Would definitely consider a return visit. Thank you.
Thank you for letting us stay in your lovely house, we all had a fab time. Kids and dogs loved the big garden. Thank you for being so very helpful. The house was lovely and clean and had everything we needed – no one wanted to go home. Thanks again for everything you have done.
How to find us
Misty Meadow, Stubb Road, Hickling, NR12 0YR
Follow the A149 (from Norwich towards Stalham) and continue past Stalham for 2.8 miles. Turn left onto New Road (just past Catfield) and follow this for 0.6 of a mile. Turn left at the junction and follow this road (Heath Road) into the village for about a mile. At The Greyhound (dog friendly) pub, turn right down Stubb Road. Follow this road for approximately 0.1 of a mile and take the first turning on your left. Misty Meadow is the second cottage after the turn.