Dogs: Unlimited dogs welcome
Sleeps Max: 4
Simple single storey seaside escape
Brand new for 2022!
- In a quiet and old fashioned little seaside hamlet of Eccles on Sea.
- On an unmade road, as far from the hustle and bustle of daily life as you can get
- Located round the corner from Cornerways so both properties can be booked together.
- Walk easily from here to Cart Gap and the lovely dog friendly café Smallsticks.
- A mile walk on the lovely sandy beach, or on the quiet track behind the dunes, will take you to Sea Palling with its great beach, dog friendly pub, shop, chippy and cafe. Be sure to try the hot fresh doughnuts!
- Seals will often bob up in the sea to accompany you on your walk.
- An inland walk will take you easily to the Lessingham Star (dog friendly pub) along quiet lanes. (see here for the route)
- The night sky here is very unpolluted and star watching is a real treat. Sunrises over the sea are well worth getting up for too!
For the dogs:
- Warm outside doggy shower
- Small, medium and large crates (on request)
- 2 minutes from the beach
- Dog towels and bowls provided
- Dog throws for the sofa provided
For the humans:
- Charcoal BBQ
- Welcome basket of “local goodies” provided
- All bed linen and towels included
- Iron and ironing board
About the property
All about the inside:
Enter through the…
Plenty of room for storing boots and coats and an under the counter freezer in here too.
The kitchen is fully equipped with double electric oven, ceramic hob, microwave, under counter fridge and washing machine.
This open plan living and dining area is the heart of the property, with a comfortable L-shaped sofa and armchair with wood burning style electric stove for the colder months. There is a Smart TV and a dining table to seat four.
The main bedroom has a king size double bed with metal bed frame. There are bedside tables, chest of drawers and a comfortable chair.
The second bedroom has two 3′ single beds and chest of drawers for storage.
Modern and newly fitted bathroom with P-shape bath with shower over, WC and wash basin.
All about the outside:
Outside there is private parking for two cars (one behind the other). The garden at the back is small but fully enclosed with lawn and a patio area and seating for four. There is a charcoal BBQ for guests use and a warm hose and outside tap for rinsing off dirty and sandy dogs! There is an unsecured shed which guests are welcome to use for extra storage.
Will this property suit my dogs?
The back garden is fully enclosed with 6ft solid fencing so suitable for jumpers. If your dogs love the beach then this is certainly the place for them! The easy access beach is moments from the property. If they want to sleep with you then they are welcome – please just bring your own bed linen.
- Nautilus is a non-smoking property
- Electric vehicle charging is not possible at Nautilus.
- All major supermarkets deliver here, please make sure you are here to accept deliveries.
- Dogs are welcome to share beds if you bring your own bed linen
Parking is right outside and the accommodation is all on one level. The kitchen, dining and lounge area are all open plan so plenty of space for moving around. There are a couple of steps to get into the property but otherwise it is all easy to get around. Access to the beach is along a short, un made track and then up a short concrete ramp. This is not suitable for wheelchairs as it is gated and whilst you can get round the side on foot easily enough, it wouldn’t be enough room for a wheelchair.
Nautilus is brand new as of April 2022 so we will add reviews as and when we get them from our new guests!
How to find us
Nautilus, Church Lane, Bush Estate, Eccles-on-Sea, NR12 0SY
From the A149, head towards the coast from Stalham, via Ingham and Lessingham. There is a long single track road leading to Eccles (Church Road) and when you enter the estate, go straight over at the crossroads and Nautilus is on your left.