Dogs: 4 dogs welcome
Sleeps Max: 5
Thatched dog friendly cottage seconds from the beach
Rocket House is in a fabulous location. Sea Palling is a friendly little Norfolk fishing village with plenty to offer.
From here you can easily walk or drive up and down the coast to the huge selection of other sandy, dog friendly Norfolk beaches and be on a boat – with the dogs of course – on the Norfolk Broads within a few miles.
- The Blue Flag beach is dog friendly year round with rock reefs forming quiet sea areas.
- The dog friendly village café – Sandy Hills – is famous for the hot chocolate and fresh doughnuts.
- Sea Palling has a popular pub right by the beach – Reefs Bar
- The village shop is well stocked and very friendly, a short walk away.
- Children have the choice of 2 play areas outside and a small arcade to spend your money!
- Tide in? No problem, head south along the dunes and enjoy the views. Stop for a coffee at the Waxham Barns Cafe and walk back when the tide is going out.
For the dogs:
- One small, medium or large crate on request
- Dogs welcome on furniture (please use throws)
- Crates. We would prefer that your dogs are not left alone in the property unless you are 100% confident that they will not get stressed. If they are crate trained and you would like to use a crate, please do ask us. We know how bulky they are to pack! Do bear in mind that Rocket House is not huge so please check with us first.
- Dog sitting. If you would like to go out for a few hours and leave the dogs but are not confident they will settle, please contact email@example.com for a dog sitter recommendation – Shannons Sitting Services – or Sue may be able to do it.
- Dog treats, dog bowls, poo bags
- Throws for sofas
- Holiday dog tags
For the humans:
- Electricity and heating
- Bed linen, towels and kitchen linens
- Unlimited fibre WiFi
- Washing machine, dishwasher, convection microwave
- Selection of DVDs, books and CDs, Netflix and Disney Plus
- Hairdryer, iron and board
- Picnic set including crockery, cool bag, blanket, windbreak, ice packs and beach chairs
About the property
All about the inside:
Enter the property through…
The kitchen is fully equipped with single electric oven, ceramic hob, convection microwave, full size fridge/freezer and slow cooker. There is also a dishwasher and washing machine. Through to the open plan..
With enough seating for all around the wooden dining table. Beautiful brick floors.
Spacious living room, with comfortable leather seating and electric wood burner and TV with Freesat/Netflix/Disney Plus and DVD player.
Downstairs bathroom with bath with separate walk in shower cubicle, WC and hand basin.
The stairs lead from the lounge up to…
Double bed, wardrobe, large mirror, chest of drawers, side tables and bedside lamps with smart lighting.
Two 3′ single beds and a 3′ single day bed, wardrobe, side tables and nightlights.
All about the outside:
Outside there is private parking for large two cars. There is a patio area with seating for six. There is a charcoal BBQ for guests use and a hose and outside tap for rinsing off dirty and sandy dogs! From the patio there is a lawned area. The garden is fully enclosed with picket fencing on all sides (fencing is min 3ft – max 6ft).
Will this property suit my dogs?
The garden is fully enclosed and tucked away, however the fencing reaches 3ft in the lowest area which jumpers may pass. If your dogs love the beach then this is certainly the place for them! The easy access beach is a very short walk and then you have miles of sand for them to run on and some safe swimming too.
- Rocket House is non-smoking.
- Beach towels are not provided.
- We would prefer your dogs to be kept downstairs at Rocket House.
- Electric vehicle charging is not possible at Rocket House.
With steps to enter the property and narrow doorways Rocket House is not suitable for wheelchair access. Those with limited mobility may also find it slightly difficult as the bedrooms and bathroom are up a steep flight of stairs.
“Really don’t know how anyone will ever be able to give anything but 5 star for this cottage. So well stocked, every possible thing you could want for a relaxed stay by a wonderful beach. The cottage has to be the closest in the village to the sea and was wonderfully comfortable. Parking was perfect, and a stack of welcome goodies on arrival..
Very dog friendly and the owner was always available if there was anything you needed .. and we didn’t !
Great place and would certainly recommend to anyone.”
“A week by the seaside in a beautiful cottage, equipped with every comfort. What more could you ask for? The cottage is well located for local amenities eg beach, pub, fish and chips, ice cream and donuts and a short drive from Horsey beach where you can see seals on the beach and Poppylands cafe where you can get a cream tea. High level of COVID safety in the cottage and every effort made to provide a home from home. Thanks for a wonderful stay. We hope to return soon.”
“I had the most wonderful early festive break at Rocket House with everything that has been going on in the world we decided to treat ourselves to a quiet luxury self catering break and Rocket House certainly didn’t disappoint. As soon as I walked through the door of the cottage I was blown away by the beautiful festive decorations and thoughtful touches Laetitia (the owner) placed around.
The cottage was spotlessly clean it had everything we needed (the luxury hotels I have stayed at in the past should take notes!), the welcome basket was full of wonderful local produce (Doggy biscuits, hand soap, dishwasher tablets, bread, biscuits and lots more) the guest book was very detailed with information on attractions, areas of interest and how appliances work. If you get a chance you must visit Waxham Barns and The Ingham Swan both fabulous recommendations.
The master bedroom was very comfortable sporting lots of storage and unique features which made the experience even more enjoyable. The cottage is less than a minutes walk from a blue flag beach it was like being on a our own Greek island!
I can’t wait to book our next holiday. Thank you.”
How to find us
Rocket House, Beach Road, Sea Palling, NR12 0AL
What3Words Location: ///magically.enhancement.hulk
Head from Stalham to Sea Palling along the Stalham Road. Turn into Sea Palling on Beach Road. Rocket House is located on the left, just before Clink Lane. Parking is round the back.