Dogs: Unlimited dogs / Reactive dog friendly
Sleeps Max: 8
The perfect seaside holiday house.
“We had a wonderful week here at Seaview with our pack on our holidays. It’s so nice to be able to walk to the beach and pop back for lunch. The beds were really comfortable, the kitchen fully equipped, the dog shower was very handy and it’s lovely having a tv in all the bedrooms.”
Seaview Cottage is perfect for holidays with your pack, so close to the beach and with a secure garden. The hot tub is very popular too!
- Just a few yards to the beach at Bacton.
- Walk to nearby Walcott with its very dog-friendly pub, the Poacher’s Pocket A little further along the coast The Lighthouse Inn is very dog welcoming and all ERC guests have a 10% discount for their first meal there (discount card should be waiting for you in the cottage)
- Nearby cafes – Kingfisher Cafe and Watson’s are dog welcoming.
- Cafe Carmel is the best vegan café for miles around (dog welcoming) and even if you are not vegan it is very well worth a visit.
- The craft shop next door to the café is also definitely worth a visit – plenty of unique things to take home with you.
- Two well stocked village shops, fish and chips and a Chinese takeaway all a short walk away!
- From Bacton you can explore the coast in either direction.
For the dogs:
- Throws for the sofa
- Poo loo outside (save those plastic bags)
- The beach! and a warm shower for sandy paws.
- Two dog beds
- Stair gate
- Medium-sized crate (others on request)
- We would prefer that your dogs are not left alone in the property unless you are 100% confident that they will not get stressed. If they are crate trained and you would like to use a crate, please do ask us. We know how bulky they are to pack!
- Dog sitting. If you would like to go out for a few hours and leave the dogs but are not confident they will settle, please contact email@example.com for a dog sitter recommendations or Sue may be able to do it.
- Feed raw? The Raw Dog Food Company delivery to all ERC properties with a min order charge of £10.
For the humans:
- All bed linen and hand towels but not bath towels.
- All heating supplied
- Flat-screen tvs in all bedrooms with Freesat
- Free Wifi
- BBQ (Weber, charcoal)
- Hot tub (extra charge)
About the property
All about the inside:
Two lovely big, squidgy sofas to seat 6 and a chair. The room is a proper cottage living room so we can’t fit any more big sofas in but there is other seating in the kitchen. Woodburning stove is at the heart of the room and a wall-mounted 40″ flat screen tv (with Freesat) and some lovely art works. From here into the…
Modern fitted kitchen, all open plan. Plenty of room, fitted oven and hob, fridge, freezer, dishwasher, microwave, toaster, kettle etc. Plenty of crockery and cutlery and everything you need to cook for 8. Wooden table and chairs for 6; pulls out to seat 8. You can open up the double doors and go straight into the garden.
Washing machine and plenty of storage for boots, coats etc. and…
Downstairs toilet and shower
Newly renovated with a shower cubicle, sink and high standing Burlington toilet for guests with mobility needs.
Just off the kitchen this bedroom has a motorised king size bed, adjustable at the press of a button for additional rise whilst reading, eating or to assist guests with mobility needs. Drawer space and views south out of the front of the cottage across the lane and field. 40″ Tv and Freesat box in the room too!
From the kitchen you can open the double doors to the…
Back into the house and through the living room to go up the stairs (straight and not too steep, with hand rail) to the…
Rather decorative black and cream loo and sink with a view. You can see the sea when you wee!
South facing double bedroom with plenty of hanging and storage in a separate closet. Views across the fields towards Bacton Abbey. Some beautiful pictures decorating the walls. TV and Freesat box in the room too.
Sea views from this smaller double bedroom with drawers, lovely pieces of art and a TV and Freesat box.
Ensuite Bedroom 4
Kingsize bed with an enormous feature vintage wooden headboard, lovely new comfy mattress and bed linen and a tv too. The bathroom has been added with a shower, another loo with a view and a whirlpool bath. Lie in this, enjoy the bubbles and the sea view too. There are double doors opening out onto the glassed balcony (flush to the wall) looking over the garden so you can enjoy the fresh air and sound of the sea while you ablute! 40″ tv with Freesat box too.
All about the outside:
The garden is a reasonable size and fully enclosed with a nearly 6ft high thick hedge, backed with a solid fence – really secure! And a hot tub!
You can hear the sea and the gulls from the garden with just a field between you and the sea. There is a garden room with sofas for enjoying the sun or an evening barbecue (provided) and a dog poo loo to save using plastic bags AND a warm dog shower too.
Your pack can really let loose in this garden on their holidays – Seaview Cottage has such a secure boundary!
Will this property suit my dogs?
This superbly secure property suits most dogs and unlimited dogs are truly welcome! The garden is a reasonable size for running around and playing, no other dogs can be seen or heard nearby. There is hardly any passing traffic and only a few people will be walking past the house on the way to the beach and that is at the front. No-one passing can be seen from the garden at the back. The walk to the beach is very short and the beach itself is generally quiet. Reactive dogs are usually very happy here! We truly understand the needs of reactive dogs – have a read of our website blog.
- Sleeps 8 but seating in living room comfortable for 6. Dining seating for 8.
- No smoking in the house please.
- The house is semi-detached – please do respect the neighbours’ peace and quiet and not allow dogs to bark too much in the garden or children to make excessive noise in the house. IF you would like to leave your dogs unattended in the house, and you are not confident they will be settled, please contact us for free dog sitting.
- The lane access to the cottage is a single track, residential lane – please travel along it slowly for the safety of all.
- If you would like your dogs to sleep on the beds, just let us know and bring your own bed linen.
- All major supermarkets deliver to Seaview Cottage.
Parking is outside the front door and there is a simple step into the house. Whilst the doors are rather too narrow for a wheelchair, anyone with limited ability and wanting to avoid stairs will be able to use the downstairs bedroom and shower room. The bed has an electric system to enable the head end to be raised to make it easier to sit up in bed and get out.
We had a wonderful week here at Seaview. It’s so nice to be able to walk to the beach and pop back for lunch. The beds were really comfortable, the kitchen fully equipped, the dog shower was very handy and it’s lovely having a tv in all the bedrooms. We would love to come again!
“We had a wonderful week here at Seaview. It’s so nice to be able to walk to the beach and pop back for lunch. The beds were really comfortable, the kitchen fully equipped, the dog shower was very handy and it’s lovely having a tv in all the bedrooms. We would love to come again!” – Shorna, Morty and Ella Ayres, Karen Cole and Freya Parr.
“Our pack of beagles just loved their holidays here at Seaview Cottage! We don’t want to go home and they will all sulk when we leave! We all loved being on the beach and the house was just Sooooooo comfy! I loved the bathrooms too. Having a sea view is priceless.”
Diane and Robert and the beagle pack
How to find us
Watchhouse Lane Bacton Norfolk NR12 0HL
Drive through Bacton or Walcott on the B1159, depending on which way you are coming, and opposite the lane leading to Bromholme Priory (private) there is a small road between the houses. This is Watchouse Lane. Drive a couple of hundred yards along this, towards the sea and on your left will be two semi detached houses. The furthest is Seaview Cottage. To leave the cottage it is safest to come out of the alternative entrance, so leave the cottage and instead of turning towards the Priory road, keep going and come out on the small layby by some historic houses. This is only a very short distance from the other entrance but easier and safer to come out of.