Dogs: Up to 3 dogs
Sleeps Max: 4
All aboard the Skylark - perfect coastal chalet
“What a wonderful, quiet week we had here!
Every morning we walked through the dunes to the huge beach”
A simple, neatly fitted out chalet on a quiet private estate in Winterton. Guests love the peacefulness and tidiness of the estate and the closeness to the wonderful dunes valley and the beach. The perfect Norfolk dog friendly chalet!
- You can easily walk to the dunes and into the village and visit the dog friendly Fisherman’s Return.
- The village also has a small supermarket, Winterton Chippy*, post office/newsagent and Poppys tea rooms*.
- There is no clubhouse on the estate so it remains quiet and peaceful.
- It is very well looked after with a large expanse of well kept grass to use at the edge of the valley.
- There are miles of walks along the coast and inland in the acres of stock free countryside. Some of which can be found here.
- If you have children then there are two small areas of play equipment on the estate.
- Many guests don’t get in the car all week but if you want to explore the beaches, dog friendly pubs and cafes, have a look here.
- If Skylark is booked for the dates you want, we have other small properties – how about Badger’s Retreat, Edelweiss or The Lodge?
* We offer our repeat guests a voucher for both of these local small businesses (among others) as we really appreciate our repeat guest and love supporting local businesses!
For the dogs:
- Bowls (2 small metal)
- Sofa throws
- Windbreaks to form secure outside areas
- Stairgate to block off doors to outside if you want them open
- Fabulous grass play areas and walks from the door!
- We would prefer that dogs are not left alone in the chalet.
For the humans:
- All bed linen and towels
- Plenty of crockery and cutlery
- Comprehensive welcome folder with walks
- Bucket and spade, swingball, Frisbee in outside storage box
About the property
All about the inside:
This is a small and very well thought out space. There is a sofa and chair, TV with Blu-Ray DVD player. The dining table seats 4 and the really well fitted out kitchen area has an oven, hob, microwave, toaster, fridge/freezer and dishwasher (please bring your own tablets!). For such a small space there is an astonishing array of cooking utensils (that’s of course if you don’t want to eat at the pub, tea room or fish and chip shop in the village!) Thee is non-slip LVT flooring in this area.
Off this is a small hallway with a useful storage cupboard with airer, hoover, iron etc.
Another well thought out space. Double bed (kingsize duvet) with storage built up to the sides and above, giving you room to hang and store clothes. A chest of drawers also fits in and a TV.
Bunk bed room
Substantial bunk beds in this room with large single mattresses so comfy enough for adults. Clever and tidy storage space. Please note that the top bunk is not suitable for children under 6 but we do have a put-up bed that could be used instead. When you book you can select this from the choices on the booking form. There is room for a travel cot also. Both bedrooms have laminate flooring.
Shower, WC and sink. There is also a fan heater in here which can be isolated separately.
All about the outside:
There is plenty of parking in marked spaces just off the road through the estate (10mph limit) and you can easily park within yards of Skylark. From there just a short walk across the mown lawn to get there.
There is a dedicated area outside the back and a table and chairs that can be taken out to sit on. The owners have recently had the patio extended.
Will this property suit my dogs?
If your dog wants to be on the beach within minutes of leaving Skylark and with miles of coastal and countryside walks, then this will be for them! There is no enclosed outside area for dogs but there are two rings attached to the walls, front and back, should you wish to use them. There are also windbreaks to construct a temporary outside secure area (stored in the outside storage box) and a stair gate so you can have a door open but keep your dogs in if you need to.
- Arrivals from 4pm and check out by 10am please.
- There is no welcome pack provided at Skylark.
- Electric car, bike or scooter/wheelchair charging is NOT available at this property.
- There are heaters in every room including the bathroom – the chalet heats up quickly when these are on.
- There is no wifi available at this property. 4G signal is reliable on most networks.
- Please do select the pull out bed option when booking if you have two children under 6.
- The park is closed between 31st October- 24th March.
- All major supermarkets deliver to Skylark. Please arrange for delivery after your arrival.
- There is currently no on-site electric vehicle charging. The nearest station is Tesco in Caister.
The property is all on one level. Parking is on the road and access is a short walk across grass to the property. The property does not cater specifically for mobility, audibly or visually impaired guests but please do contact us if you would like to know more – email@example.com.
“We had a brilliant holiday thank you the chalet was really good the location was spot on the walks on the dunes and the sea walks were brilliant scenery outstanding and to see the seals in there natural environment was great would definitly go back to Winterton again.” – Kindest regards Doug & Susan Harborne.
“I stayed in Tony and Marion’s chalet on the Winterton Valley estate during the first week of June 2019. On arrival I found it to be exactly as described, beautifully clean and impressively equipped, there was nothing missing that I could have possibly needed. The double bed was extremely comfortable, as was the furniture provided and all appliances worked efficiently. The large TV in the lounge and DVD player were also great. A welcome folder was available which was thorough, accurate and informative, giving suggestions for local walks and information on the dunes and nearby Grey Seal colony.”
“The park was very well maintained with the grass being cut frequently and, due to the site rules in place, was very quiet and relaxing. The beach is beautiful and accessed from the site via the dunes, there are benches along the top of the valley where you can relax and enjoy the views. Winterton village is only a short walk away (10 minute’s max) and has shops, a pub and fish and chip shop. The Dunes ‘Best Beach café’ is also easily accessible. There are several walks around the village and its surroundings as well as a number of National Trust and other interesting locations to visit within a reasonable driving distance.”
“I would thoroughly recommend the chalet for a quiet and peaceful break away; in fact I enjoyed it so much that I have already booked a return visit in September!”
How to find us
Approaching Winterton from Great Yarmouth/Hemsby:
Before you reach the main part of the village you will see a sign to the Winterton Valley Estate, turn right down this road, get to the bottom and enter the park, following the road round,past the main house, until you see Chalet 250 across the grass. Park in any one of the parking bays.
Approaching Winterton from Martham:
Do not enter the main part of the village (ie where the church is) but follow the road round to the right, heading towards Hemsby. After a short while you will see a sign to the Winterton Valley Estate, turn left down this road and follow the instructions above.