Dogs: 4 but flexible / reactive dog friendly
Sleeps Max: 4
Single storey cottage with secure private garden
“We have thoroughly enjoyed our week at The Grove, it’s gone far too quickly! This is our 5th ERC stay, we have to say it is one of our favourites – we can’t wait to come back! We appreciate all of the little details you have done to make this a real home from home. The little sitting area is the perfect place to eat outside. Also, a perfect garden for Louis! The walks from the bungalow were perfect for our dog, quiet and lots of off-lead time along the Paston Way – perfect! Thank you for being wonderful hosts.“
The Grove is so tucked away, down a network of designated Quiet Lanes in the hamlet of Edingthorpe. Thatched cottages, village pond, ancient church and peace and quiet! The house is a very easy to live in bungalow with some lovely features and surrounded by fields. One of the things guests will most enjoy are the views out of the sitting room window, across the fields. Deer, buzzards, bats and so many birds to watch. The garden is a really good size, fully secure and dog friendly of course!
- The house is on a dead end lane with a footpath at the end, connecting with a maze of further country paths.
- Bacton/Witton woods are a mile away, along designated quiet lanes. Perfect for sheltered walks.
- The coastal village of Bacton is 2 miles away, again an easy walk along quiet lanes.
- Here you can walk on the beach visit the dog friendly Poachers Pocket pub, Watson’s Cafe* or Cafe Carmel* (excellent vegan)
- Mundesley coastal village is just over 3 miles and has everything from you need.
- From the front garden a seat specially in place) and the living room you can regularly see deer, hares, tawny and barn owls.
- Leighton the buzzard and his friends puts in an appearance and many bats emerge as the sun sets.
- If The Grove is booked for your dates (and it is VERY popular!) then maybe look at Woodpecker Lodge, Dormy or Vineyard Cottage
* We offer our repeat guests a voucher for both of these local small businesses (among others) as we really appreciate our repeat guests and love supporting local businesses!
For the dogs:
- One medium and one large crate on request.
- Klafit Husky Vario 2-in-1 Pet Stroller/Bike Trailer
- Innopet Comfort EFA ECO Dog Stroller (for small breeds)
- Enough freezer space for raw food. The Raw Dog Food Company delivery to all ERC properties with a min order charge of £10.
- Dog treats, dog bowls, poo bags
- Pillow style dog beds – 4 on request
- Extra tall pet/stair gate on request
- Throws for sofa and beds/small and large
- Outside hose
- Plenty of dog towels.
- Fully enclosed secure garden (6ft high fence)
- Wonderful, quiet countryside walks from the door.
For the humans:
- Bed linen, towels and kitchen linens
- Tea, coffee, sugar and a welcome pack
- All electricity and heating
- Information folder about the cottage and the area
- Games and puzzles
- BT Halo 3 (60-73 mbps with BT’s stay fast guarantee of 60 mbps)
- 2 x Hairdryer
- 30″ remote controlled tower fan & two mini portable USB charged handheld/desk fans
- NiteSafe power failure emergency lighting torch (located at entrance and both bedrooms).
About the property
All about the inside:
Through the front door into the hall way with hooks for coats/keys etc. The flooring in the hall and dining room is Floors For Paws flooring, which is Canine Arthritis Approved flooring.
Lovely large windows with view across fields – a wonderful place to view the setting sun.
There is a three seater leather sofa, a two seater leather sofa and a fabric covered chair – plenty of seating! Throws are provided for these. There is a lovely feature fireplace with a wood burning stove. Hisense 32 inch Smart TV with Netflix account for guest use. Wooden coffee table, nest of tables and chest/drawer unit for games, books etc and reading lamp with USB charger built in.
This is at the front of the house so that there are views across fields, making washing up a pleasure! If you don’t want to wash up you can use the built in dishwasher! There is also a built-in Stoves oven with a double oven/grill. The hob is halogen and there is a microwave, toaster, kettle and fridge/freezer. Plenty of space for food storage and surface space for cooking. Also a built in washing machine.
The floor is tiled with underfloor heating and there is a door straight into the garden.
Just outside the kitchen the hall way cupboard has extra non-slip mats, vacuum cleaner, broom etc.
There is seating at the dining table for 4, a tall book case with games and books for guest use. A very useful portable table with built in stools is kept in here – ideal for taking into the living room for a tv dinner if you would rather eat in there. Views out onto the garden.
Front Master Bedroom
This room has a double bed with a black metal frame. There is a bedside cabinet on one side of the bed and on the other side of the bed is a small matching chest of drawers. Bedding is non-feather. Two bedside lamps have built in USB chargers – very useful! The views are towards the rather lovely thatched roof of the cottage next door. There is no wardrobe but a very useful hanging rail/shelf and a full length mirror.
The bed is a king size in this room and has two bedside cabinets. There is a wall mirror and very useful hanging rail. Bedding is non-feather here too. The two bedside lamps have built in USB chargers as in the other bedroom. The views are out onto the garden.
A modern bathroom with a bath and mixer shower over the bath with a screen. There are also two hand held showers. Washbasin and lavatory too.
All about the outside:
There is enough parking on the private driveway for up to 4 cars so loads of room!
The side gate gets you into the private and secure garden. The garden is a good size, plenty of grass with a gravel area and hard standing too. Garden seating for 4 and the entire garden is surrounded by hedging which are all well over six foot tall & also have wire inside them which varies from between five and six foot in height.
The front garden isn’t enclosed but does have a little bench seat for those sunset sundowners!
Will this property suit my dogs?
Single storey, fully enclosed garden with a high fence all round. Reactive dogs can relax here and diggers will have a hard time getting out too! Pretty much perfect for all dogs. The garden is a good size for running and playing, that’s if they have any energy after all the lovely long local walks or trips to the beaches!
Want to see more of our cottages suitable for reactive dogs? Check out our blog > Want to bring your reactive dog on holiday?
- We accept up to four dogs but please do ask us as it’s flexible.
- We are unable to supply more than the two crates mentioned above due to the size and layout of the property.
- The Grove is non smoking please.
- Electric car charging is NOT available at this property.
- We would prefer that your dogs are not left alone in the property unless you are 100% confident that they will not get stressed. If they are crate trained and you would like to use a crate, please do ask us. We know how bulky they are to pack!
- Dog sitting. If you would like to go out for a few hours do look at our recommendations for dog sitters here.
- All bedding is non-feather.
- The secure garden and peaceful location is ideal for reactive dogs.
- Two wood burner packs included.
- Please let us know if you would like your dog to sleep on the bed with you, we would ask that you bring your own bedding if this is the case.
- All major supermarkets deliver here. If you arrange a delivery, please ensure you are here to accept it after check in.
Parking: is on hard standing right outside the door.
The property is all on one level, but there are steps at both the front (step is 8cm / threshold is 9cm) and back doors (22cm threshold / 8cm steps)
Doorways are standard width and overall the property would be unsuitable for wheelchair users.
There is also a slight step on the drive side of the garden gate (near the garage) approx’ 6cm high and another step the garden side of this gate approx’ 13.5cm.There are two further steps at the back of the garage in garden. Going up these steps: The 1st step is approx 7.5cm and the 2nd step approx 10.5cm.
Bathroom: The shower is over the bath which could potentially make it difficult for guests with certain mobility issues.
There are no additional provisions for hearing difficulties, sight impairment. We are very happy to give more information and answer any questions to help you decide if The Grove would be suitable for you. firstname.lastname@example.org
“Pete, Ali, we have thoroughly enjoyed our week at The Grove, it’s gone far too quickly! This is our 5th ERC stay, we have to say it is one of our favourites – we can’t wait to come back! We appreciate all of the little details you have done to make this a real home from home. The little sitting area is the perfect place to eat outside, it was a pity the weather was a bit chilly to enjoy more! Also, a perfect garden for Louis! The walks from the bungalow were perfect for our dog, quiet and lots of off-lead time along the Paston Way – perfect! Smallsticks Cafe, Waxham Barn Dunes Cafe and The Snug at Holt provided us with wonderful food. We also had a great stroll at Walcott and Waxham beach. Thank you for being wonderful hosts.” – Doreen, Kirsty, Karen and Louis
“Pete and Ali, you have been great hosts and great in preparing The Grove for our stay. The detail in making our stay comfortable and looked after was faultless! Our Jack Russell loved the garden and the sticks he found! Thanks for the enjoyable stay.” – Alan, Fendi, Darren, Chloe and The Tobster!
Thank you so much Ali, Pete and Sue (ERC), we have so enjoyed our stay at The Grove. Our old boy “Ted from the Med” wants you to know it suited his needs perfectly. Good to be back in Norfolk to enjoy its’s beauty. Special moment to see a deer at the bottom of Church Lane. Also special was to enjoy lots of lovely vegan food at Cafe Carmel.” – Jim, Sharon and Ted
How to find us
Address: The Grove, Church Lane, Edingthorpe. NR28 9TJ
What3Words location: ///magic.balancing.poetry
From North Walsham you need to head out on the Bacton Road. To find the Bacton Road put the postcode for THE BLUEBELL INN, Bacton Road, North Walsham NR28 0RA into your sat nav as this is the easiest way to get to the Bacton road. You will either come to The Bluebell Inn on your left hand side (a white inn with blue painted window frames) or you will see it across the road from you (slightly to the right) depending on which road your sat nav brings you to it on. Pass with The Bluebell Inn on your left. Enter The Grove’s postcode NR28 9TJ in your Sat Nav or Follow the directions below:
Keep on the Bacton Road (which changes into the North Walsham Road part way along) and you need to take the fifth turning on your left, which is about two plus miles from The Bluebell Inn. The fifth turning is the first actual crossroads you will come to (a road joins either side). Just as a reference point there should be a white gate ahead of you on the right of this crossroads. Take the left hand turn at this crossroads.
Follow the quiet lane until you come to a white house on your left & pond on your right. Just after the white house you will come to a small crossroads. Go straight ahead over the crossroads (between the bungalow on your left and the large thatched house on your right). The Grove is the first bungalow on your right.