Single storey luxury countryside cottage
“Wonderful stay. Property is beautiful and within a short drive of many beaches.
Hosts fantastic and really helpful. Would love to visit again. “
Vineyard Cottage is a well-planned single storey, dog friendly holiday cottage. It is part of Poplar Farm and East Ruston Vineyard on the quiet edge of East Ruston village and has oodles of charm and character. A different and easy walk every day is possible or you can drive to an amazing variety of different dog friendly beaches and local walks each day!
- Fully secure private garden
- A short drive to the local, sandy, dog friendly Norfolk beaches and woodlands
- Many of the Norfolk Broads are nearby and ideal for dog friendly boat hire.
- Perfectly located for really easy dog walking and cycling.
- Easy walks from the door, along the quiet Weavers Way just yards from the door and Dilham Canal.
- Luxuriously professionally designed interior.
- Owners have a small vineyard on site and are happy to show you round.
- This quiet corner of North Norfolk is a real hideaway, 6 miles from Wroxham – the heart of the Norfolk Broads.
- Views across open fields from the bedrooms and garden.
- Read our blog to find out just how dog friendly Norfolk is
- Off peak 2 person discount of 5% throughout November – January
ALL ABOUT THE INSIDE
Entrance is through the kitchen, galley style, fully fitted and very well equipped for self catering. Includes a brand new built-in electric oven, ceramic hob, microwave, fridge freezer, dishwasher and washing machine. We also supply a cafetière and slow cooker – ideal for making sure you have a lovely meal waiting for you after a long day exploring the county. From here you go straight through to the …
Comfy sofa and armchair seating with a brand new flat screen Panasonic TV with Sky TV and enabling you to watch Prime and Netflix etc if you have an account. A DVD player with a selection of DVDs and books on the shelf. For those bad weather days or quiet evenings in, there are also some vintage board games. There is also a dining table with 4 chairs.
Double bed, bedside tables and lamps and chest of drawers. French doors open out onto the garden.
Double bed, bedside table and lamps. chest of drawers.
Fully fitted with a shower, toilet, sink.
Fully fitted with gas central heating radiators throughout.
ALL ABOUT THE OUTSIDE
Outside in the fully secure garden is a mixture of grass and a lovely patio sitting/dining area with table and chairs, parasol and a charcoal BBQ. The mature trees, shrubs and fencing separate you from The Lodge next door. Fencing is picket fencing, approx 3ft+. Parking is off the road and right next to the cottage, room for 2 cars on the gravelled drive.
WILL IT SUIT YOUR DOGS?
The view from part of the garden is across the fields so if you dog is prey driven and a jumper, this may not be the best property for you. There is very little passing traffic and the area is generally very quiet and rural. The owners have two dogs of their own, kept separately in their garden (there is no adjoining fence that guest dogs can access) and it is worth bearing in mind that there may well be dogs in the neighbouring ERC property, The Lodge, however the garden is screened by hedging and very private so should not see each other.
There are some very easy and quiet walks from the door and the immediate area is not busy at all. The property is set back from Chequers Street which is a local lane and can be used safely for walks too.
Have a look at our website page for walks, places to eat and beaches to visit – beaches, walks and more!.
- We ask that you do not smoke in our cottage.
- Dogs are welcome to sleep on your beds but please do use the throws provided in the dog basket.
- If you would like for them to sleep in your beds, please bring your own bedding and let us know.
- Mobile reception in this part of rural Norfolk can be variable. Vodafone is the most reliable.
- We do have to ask that dogs are not left unattended without being crated (we can supply crates)
- Shop: 2.5 miles Pub: 1.5 miles
- Extra bed for an additional child can be provided on request.
- Hoover, an iron/board, clothes airer, selection of cleaning products all provided.
- Owners live on-site in the main farmhouse. Vineyard Cottage is a separate building with its own separate garden/car parking area. Owners are happy to leave you as private as you desire for the duration of your stay.
- Tesco, Morrison’s, Sainsbury, Asda and Waitrose all deliver to our cottage. If you would like to arrange a delivery for your arrival, please could you ensure you are here to receive it.
This is how dog friendly we are!
- Doggy throws and towels
- Poo bags
- A selection of small toys
- A medium sized dog bed
- Doggy treats
- Small, medium and large crates available on request
- 3 different sized water/food bowls
- Dog shower area in the garden via the garden tap and hose assembly (cold water only)
- Large enclosed and secure garden
What else we provide for you!
- Egyptian cotton hand and bath towels
- 400 Thread count Egyptian cotton bed linen
- Bed throws
- An afternoon tea tray with a selection of speciality teas and coffees, together with Norfolk made cake will be waiting for you (and a pint of milk in the fridge)
- Coffee and cafetière
- WiFi (superfast BB at 70Mbps)
- Highchair, travel cot and stair gate (available upon request)
- A selection of Ordanance survey maps for walks and tourist information brochures.
Max. no of dogs? 3/4
“Lovely cottage with great walks on the doorstep. Recommend Smallsticks Cafe and the beach behind. We would love to come back again.”
“Great place, love the garden. Hope to get a tour of the vineyard next time!”
“Lovely cottage with everything you need. Enjoyed our very relaxing stay. Great wildlife and dog walks nearby.”
“What a find! Absolute gem of a cottage with lovely garden. We had everything we needed in the cottage, plus rest and relaxations in one of the best locations in Norfolk. We are looking to come back. Thank you for such a great holiday and you haven’t seen the last of us!”
Availability & Book Online
Location & Directions
How To Find Us:
Vineyard Cottage by Poplar Farm House, Chequers Street, East Ruston, NR12 9JT
What3Words Location: ///alpha.rises.support
From the A149 which bypasses Stalham take the road signposted to Bacton/Happisburgh (Stepping Stone Lane).
At the T junction turn left onto the B1159 and take the first left, just after SAM business premises. Stay on this small, tree lined road, bearing left over a small bridge into open farmland. Continue along this road as it passes Springfield Kennels and Broadland Eggs. Just opposite Broadland Eggs there is a small access road that is signposted to ‘Gooseander’. Up here is The Lodge (black wood clad building) and just before you reach this the parking for Vineyard Cottage is on the left and the house just in front of you.
Some fabulous reviews will be added as soon as we have our first guests!
"Loved the cottage, close to Weavers Way and the canal for great dog walks. Lovely secluded garden to enjoy the sun. Recommend Sugar and Spice cafe if you want a hearty breakfast. Also wildlife trip at Horsey was very enjoyable. Hopefully we will return!" - Mark and Geraldine, May 2021
"Lovely cottage in a. beautiful part on the country. Thank you for a lovely stay!" - Catherine, Chris and James, May 2021
"Wonderful accommodation with everything you and your dogs could want. Beautifully decorated and cosy. Fully enclosed garden is great for the dogs. Thank you for having us as your guests - we would love to come back again!" - Angie Brothers
"Just to say how much Geoff and I enjoyed staying in Vineyard Cottage. We have stayed many times at The Lodge, so we know the area quite well.The dogs especially enjoyed the rambling garden, which must look lovely in the summer when all the plants are flowering. The weather has been quite kind to us and we took advantage of sitting on the patio area whilst it was sunny and enjoying the birds and the butterflies." - Ginny and Geoff, October 2021
Looking for a dog friendly holiday cottage in Norfolk?
View our availability calendar...
Dog Friendly | Holiday Cottage | Norfolk
We are members of The Holiday Home Association (formerly EASCO - English Association of Self Catering Operators). Book with the confidence that you are using a bona fide and reputable business that has committed to the HHA Code of Practice. In the unlikely event of a complaint that cannot be resolved with us, you can use the HHA Dispute Resolution Service that provides for low-cost arbitration.
East Ruston Cottages Limited
Reg.No. 10048164 at Companies House, Cardiff
Sea Lows, Crowden Road, Eccles, Norfolk NR12 0SJ