Dogs: 4 but flexible
Sleeps Max: 4
Single storey luxury countryside cottage
“Wonderful stay. Property is beautiful and within a short drive of many beaches.
Hosts fantastic and really helpful. Would love to visit again. “
Vineyard Cottage is a well-planned single storey, dog friendly holiday cottage. It is part of Poplar Farm and East Ruston Vineyard on the quiet edge of East Ruston village and has oodles of charm and character. A different and easy walk every day is possible or you can drive to an amazing variety of different dog friendly beaches and local walks each day! Fancy a break on a working English Vineyard? The owner, Graham, will be very happy to give you a tour and you are free to enjoy the tranquility in the new picnic area for 2022 with the use of our vintage picnic hamper.
- Fully secure private garden
- A short drive to the local, sandy, dog friendly Norfolk beaches and woodlands
- Many of the Norfolk Broads are nearby and ideal for dog friendly boat hire.
- Easy walks from the door, along the quiet Weavers Way just yards from the door and Dilham Canal.
- Owners have a small vineyard on site and are happy to show you round.
- This quiet corner of North Norfolk is a real hideaway, 6 miles from Wroxham – the heart of the Norfolk Broads.
- Views across open fields from the bedrooms and garden.
- Read our blog to find out just how dog friendly Norfolk is
- Have a look at our website page for walks, places to eat and beaches to visit – beaches, walks and more!.
For the dogs:
- Doggy throws and towels
- Poo bags
- A selection of small toys
- A medium sized dog bed
- Doggy treats
- We can provide a dog crate (large or medium sized) if you would prefer (on request as they are not stored in the cottage).
- Dog sitting. If you would like to go out for a few hours and leave the dogs but are not confident they will settle, please contact email@example.com for a dog sitter recommendation – Shannons Sitting Services – or Sue may be able to do it.
- Feed raw? The Raw Dog Food Company delivery to all ERC properties with a min order charge of £10.
- 3 different sized water/food bowls
- Dog shower area in the garden via the garden tap and hose assembly (cold water only)
- Large enclosed and secure garden
For the humans:
- Egyptian cotton hand and bath towels
- 400 Thread count Egyptian cotton bed linen
- Bed throws
- An afternoon tea tray with a selection of speciality teas and coffees, together with Norfolk made cake will be waiting for you (and a pint of milk in the fridge)
- Coffee and cafetière
- WiFi (superfast BB at 70Mbps)
- Highchair, travel cot and stair gate (available upon request)
- A selection of Ordnance survey maps for walks and tourist information brochures.
- Hoover, an iron/board, clothes airer, selection of cleaning products all provided.
- Enjoy the tranquility in the newly arrived picnic area for 2022 with the use of our vintage picnic hamper
About the property
All about the inside:
A neatly and well designed place to enjoy and make your favourite meals or one of our speciality coffees or teas. There is a ceramic hob, electric oven, stainless microwave, a dishwasher and a large fridge and normal sized freezer. There is everything you could need for a self-catering holiday including an excellent selection of quality cooking utensils, pots, pans and plenty of crockery and cutlery. We have also provided a slow cooker for those colder months. We provide a huge selection of speciality teas and coffees (for the cafetiere) as we know how important a fine cuppa can be. On arrival there will be a locally made cake and a pint of milk for that well earned refreshment when you arrive. There is plenty of storage space and a split stable wooden door to the kitchen.
This is a spacious, light and airy place to relax and enjoy. There are two comfy sofas and a large dining table to seat four guests. We provide lots of throws and scatter cushions to add to the luxury too. There is a large modern flat screen TV with DVD player and a selection of DVDs for you to watch. The cottage also enjoys fibre broadband wifi via Sky and there is a good selection of Sky channels for you to enjoy after a hard days walk. The view of the sunsets in this room are particularly fabulous.
There are no stairs in the cottage so easy access to both bedrooms is possible. This is a large double room with a very comfortable and sumptuous double bed. The double french doors allow light to flood in and offer an excellent view across the garden and open field beyond. The sun rises from this vista are fantastic. There is a chest of drawers a wardrobe and 2 bedside cabinets for storage. The room is laid to carpet.
This is a large light and airy bedroom with views across the garden and lovely sun rises too. There is a large comfortable double bed, a bedside table and a chest of drawers for storage. This bedroom also has a carpet.
The bathroom is located right next to both bedrooms. There is a modern and well designed white suite of toilet, basin and shower with sliding doors. There is also plenty of cupboard space for storage as well.
There is a small storage cupboard in the hallway which houses the cordless vacuum, the ironing board, mop and bucket and airer. There is room in here to store some luggage as well.
Heating and Hot Water
The new heating and hot water system is powered by a gas combination boiler and is controlled remotely by British Gas installed Hive technology. This cottage is never cold and enjoys excellent insulation throughout and double glazing, so they’ll be no worries if you book during the colder months.
All about the outside:
The spacious enclosed and dog (and child) friendly garden is to the east of the cottage so enjoys spectacular sunrises and sun throughout the day. There is a large patio area with a circular dining table, parasol and up to 6 seats for you to enjoy al fresco dining in the warmer months.
There is also a lounge area on the lawn which faces east, with a small exterior sofa & 2 arm chairs, where many a guest enjoys a glass of their favourite tipple as they watch the sun go down. There is also a separate smaller round table for 2 as well. All furniture has comfy outside pads/cushions. Enjoy the planted borders where mature shrubs and trees grow and offer tranquility and privacy, not to mention the spectacular wisteria which surrounds the patio area.
There is 3 foot plus fencing enclosing the garden. We also have a doggie shower area for those times in need.
Will this property suit my dogs?
Vineyard Cottage is well away from any passing traffic so will suit reactive dogs. The fence at the lowest point is 3ft and there are views across the fields so active sighthounds will need monitoring in the garden. Very small dogs may be able to get out in between the vertical slats of the fencing (see photos for more details). If your dog is happy to sniff and bumble about in a quiet and interesting garden then it will be ideal! The walks from the door are very easy and quiet too, again suited to reactive dogs. Outside doggie shower provided.
- We ask that you do not smoke in our cottage.
- Dogs are welcome to sleep on your beds but please do use the throws provided.
- If you would like for them to sleep in your beds, please bring your own bedding and let us know.
- Mobile reception in this part of rural Norfolk can be variable. Vodafone is the most reliable.
- Shop: 2.5 miles Pub: 1.5 miles
- Extra airbed for an additional child can be provided on request.
- Owners live on-site in the main farmhouse. Vineyard Cottage is a separate building with its own separate garden/car parking area. Owners are happy to leave you as private as you desire for the duration of your stay.
- Tesco, Morrison’s, Sainsbury, Asda and Waitrose all deliver to our cottage. If you would like to arrange a delivery for your arrival, please could you ensure you are here to receive it.
The cottage is all on one level and modern so could be well suited for those with limited mobility. The parking is on gravel and a short distance to the front door (with small step). The French doors to one of the bedrooms can make access easier.
“Fantastic stay at Vineyard cottage. The cottage was perfectly located for enjoying Norfolk, being right by the Broads and Beaches and close to Norwich too. The cottage was really comfy and cosy with plenty of space for 4 adults and a good-sized kitchen. Being all on one floor meant it was perfect for our toddler. Outside was a lovely private and secure garden, great for the dog to run around and with lovely views of the surrounding countryside and incredible sunset and sunrises. A perfect place for days out, and a little peace quiet and seclusion.” – Duncan, October
“Loved the cottage, close to Weavers Way and the canal for great dog walks. Lovely secluded garden to enjoy the sun. Recommend Sugar and Spice cafe if you want a hearty breakfast. Also wildlife trip at Horsey was very enjoyable. Hopefully we will return!” – Mark and Geraldine, May
“Lovely cottage in a. beautiful part on the country. Thank you for a lovely stay!” – Catherine, Chris and James
“Wonderful accommodation with everything you and your dogs could want. Beautifully decorated and cosy. Fully enclosed garden is great for the dogs. Thank you for having us as your guests – we would love to come back again!” – Angie Brothers
“Just to say how much Geoff and I enjoyed staying in Vineyard Cottage. We have stayed many times at The Lodge, so we know the area quite well. The dogs especially enjoyed the rambling garden, which must look lovely in the summer when all the plants are flowering. The weather has been quite kind to us and we took advantage of sitting on the patio area whilst it was sunny and enjoying the birds and the butterflies.” – Ginny and Geoff
How to find us
Vineyard Cottage by Poplar Farm House, Chequers Street, East Ruston, NR12 9JT
What3Words Location: ///alpha.rises.support
From the A149 which bypasses Stalham take the road signposted to Bacton/Happisburgh (Stepping Stone Lane).
At the T junction turn left onto the B1159 and take the first left, just after SAM business premises. Stay on this small, tree lined road, bearing left over a small bridge into open farmland. Continue along this road as it passes Springfield Kennels and Broadland Eggs. As you pass Broadland Eggs (large wooden sheds) on your left you will pass a leylandii hedge on your right. Look out for the wooden sign with ‘Poplar Farm and Snowdrop Cottage’ on. Turn up this shingle drive towards the black garage doors (5mph speed limit pls) and you will see a sign for more info on Vineyard Cottage parking.
Please do NOT go up the driveway with signs ‘Goosander and The Lodge’ as this is incorrect.