ERiC The Motor Home
Dogs: 2-3 small/medium dogs
Sleeps Max: 4
ERiC The Motor Home
ERiC the motor home is a new addition to the East Ruston Cottages selection (and not a cottage obviously!) And not as dog friendly as the cottages BUT if you have a couple of small/medium dogs and would like to try a motorhome for exploring a few days in Norfolk or Suffolk maybe, where there are some fabulous places to stay, then this may be for you!
This isn’t going to be for everybody but if you have a yearning to explore more of Norfolk or want a couple of days away when you are staying in one of our cottages, then this could be for you.
- ERiC is an older style motor home – basic but comfortable. A bit like driving a horsebox and you will have to be a very careful driver as there is a lot to ‘bash’ on some of our country lanes.
- Insurance will have to be obtained by the hirer for each and any period of hire. We recommend Temporary Motorhome & Campervan Insurance | Dayinsure and we must have proof of insurance before the keys are handed over.
- Adults only. There is a lot to go wrong if little fingers start messing about with knobs and hooks!
- Accommodation is for 4, but 2 is easier.
For the dogs:
- A fold up fabric crate that fits perfectly under the table, between the bench seat. Ideal for two small/medium dogs to travel.
- Seat belts on the interior seats to attach your dog to via their harness for safe travelling
- Screw in ground anchor and leash attached for outside use
- A dog throw and water bowl
- Washable dog hair removal rollers
For the humans:
- Plenty of lightweight cooking equipment, plates, glasses etc
- A full tank of fuel (it must be returned full)
- Full instructions for use of the ‘van.
- Fold up seating and table for outside
- Soft storage boxes in the overhead cupboards to reduce rattling
- Tea towels, oven gloves, washing up mat
- Full instructions on correct, safe operation
- Recommended sites to enjoy in Norfolk and Suffolk
- Safe / first aid kit
About the property
All about the inside:
There is a small (of course!) but actually rather well fitted kitchen area with an oven and grill, gas hob and sink unit. Plenty of storage space and a good range of cookware and utensils.
Washing and weeing
The shower room/toilet is at the back and is a reasonable size. Whilst looking rather retro it is clean and all functions well. Waste water and toilet waste does end up in the body of the motorhome and will have to be disposed of by you at the end of your rental period so always easier to use the facilities on any sites you are on.
There is a fixed bed above the driver’s cabin (small ladder to access it) which is not great if you have mobility issues of any sort or if you like a big bed to sleep in but it brings out your inner child if you like the idea of sleeping in a top bunk bed for two! There is another bed made up of a Jenga game of cushions where the bench seating and table are by day.
Inside there are two bench seats either side of a table as well as a long bench seat on the other side of the living area.
All about the outside:
Outside there is an awning that can be easily pulled over the area for shade. We provide a windbreak to screen you/the dogs/bbq off from wind/sight and a ground anchor and tether for the dogs. We have looked into including a full enclosed outside area but the sections needed for this are both heavy (there is a weight limit), big (there is little storage space) and expensive! So at the moment there is just the windbreak and secure tether option for outside.
Will this property suit my dogs?
Only if they are happy to travel in a strange vehicle that rattles quite a bit. And if they are comfortable going to new places and not being in a secure outside area.
- Insurance must be secured by guests and proof shown before keys are handed over.
- Please ensure that you are able to book pitches at the sites you want to visit before you confirm your booking with us. Motorhome sites are very popular at the moment. We can hold a booking for you for 24 hours while you confirm your bookings with your site/sites.
- The vehicle is older and has some quirks – please do not expect a swish, modern, all mod-cons motorhome.
- The motorhome needs to be driven very carefully to avoid damage.
- Breakdown cover is included.
- We prefer that trips are kept to Norfolk and Suffolk to keep the mileage low on this older vehicle.
- Any damage will be taken from the security deposit.
- Bedding and towels are not provided (except 2 double bottom sheets and mattress toppers) – please bring your own.
- The motorhome can be collected from The Smea in Hickling.
- We will supply a full tank of fuel / it must be returned full
- Driving licence details to be submitted also before hire.
The limited inside space, steps into the cab and main living area mean that it is not suitable for anyone with limited mobility. There are some physical activities involved with setting up the awning and accessing/making beds.
How to find us
The motorhome is kept in Hickling or Eccles and we can arrange a suitable collection point from either of these locations.