Want a dog friendly getaway with unlimited dogs?
Yes, you really can have unlimited dogs at no extra charge!
|When I started East Ruston Cottages as a dog friendly cottage back in 2008, I wanted to make sure that there was never going to be a '1 small well behaved dog' limit. Fast forward to now and it's amazing that we host over 40 dog friendly cottages in Norfolk, most of them allowing up to 4 dogs, but if you want to get away with family and friends, or you just have a dog addiction and you have more than 4 dogs, we have a whopping 8 cottages to choose from who allow unlimited dogs! And of course the best thing is - there is no charge at all for dogs whether you have 1 or 16!!
You might be forgiven by thinking that just because a cottage allows unlimited dogs, it means you have to book a giant house, it's just not the case. If you want a multiple dog holiday, you might want to bookmark this page! Here are our 8 amazing cottages which allow unlimited dogs:
- Sleeps 4
- Single storey
- Quiet location
- Open plan living/dining area
- Luxury shower room
- Fully enclosed garden - grass, patio and shrubs
- 4ft+ fencing all round
- Off road, private parking for 2 cars.
- Many, quiet, off road walks from the door: Weavers Way
- Short drive to a choice of dog friendly sandy beaches.
- EV charger for guest use
- Quiet location
- Lots of easy walks from the door
- On the grounds of a working English Vineyard - tours are available!
What our guests say: “Fantastic stay at Vineyard cottage. The cottage was perfectly located for enjoying Norfolk, being right by the Broads and Beaches and close to Norwich too. The cottage was really comfy and cosy with plenty of space for 4 adults and a good-sized kitchen. Being all on one floor meant it was perfect for our toddler. Outside was a lovely private and secure garden, great for the dog to run around and with lovely views of the surrounding countryside and incredible sunset and sunrises. A perfect place for days out, and a little peace quiet and seclusion.” – Duncan
- Sleeps 4
- Easy, open plan living space, underfloor heating and textured slate floor make it easy for dogs.
- Fenced with a solid fence of approx 6ft all round
- The surrounding countryside provides plenty of easy walking – just start your walk at the end of the road
- Plenty of choices for places to eat in the area – all dog friendly (see here for more information).
- Under floor heating
- Electric Car charging point
- Dog grooming box
- Extra freezer available for RAW feeders
What our guests say: “Our third stay at Farthing Cottage and it definitely is a home from home. The garden is very secure for our lurcher and the cottage itself is lovely and warm. We came to escape the New Year fireworks as our dog is scared and luckily only heard a few in the distance. Fergal thinks Farthing Cottage is his 2nd home and is very relaxed here!” – Rachael and Andy with Fergal The Lurcher
- Sleeps 4
- The conversion has been done to a very high standard and is mostly on the ground floor.
- There are pamment floors throughout, underfloor heating and a gorgeous double wood burner for winter warmth.
- The beaches are easily accessible and a short drive away.
- Want a dog friendly village pub? The Crown Inn is a short stroll up the lane.
What our guests say: “3rd year here and there’ll be a 4th. We love it: the barn, the area, the beaches, the pubs.
Fish and chips twice from 3 Swallows at North Walsham
Rib of beef at the Gunton Arms
Walk at Winterton with fab meal at the Fisherman’s Return
Only one problem….going home!” – Kerry, Chris and Margaux with Buddy, Chester and Betty.
- Sleeps 5
- Reactive dog friendly
- Very secure garden
- Bags of character and doggy details in the peaceful, historic seaside village of Happisburgh
- Right at the end of Beach Road so a very short walk to the dog friendly beach.
- Really well thought out for the comfort of humans and dogs alike!
- Very popular with everyone who has stayed there.
- The owners have put a lot of work into making the house very homely and comfortable with many of the Victorian features retained and some lovely pieces of doggy art for you to enjoy
What our guests say: Lots of great walks from the door – coast and country – we loved it here and will definitely be back – one of the best cottages stayed in with all the dogs throws and bits and bobs provided. Kitchen one of the best equipped. Thanks for a great holiday and the fab welcome pack! Recommend Fair Maiden up the road for fresh fish and Hill House Inn, Smallsticks Cafe at Cart Gap, Burgers on the Beach on Beach Road and Sugar and Spice in Bacton – all v dog friendly and worth a visit.
Dee, Steve, Lorraine, Barney, Youla, Calla, Aisha and Chester
- Sleeps 6
- Reactive dog friendly
- Quite location - Surrounded by livestock free countryside
- Private enclosed courtyard
- Access to the orchard garden with high flint walls and picket fence
- Miles of countryside walks from the door
- Sandy beaches nearby (within walking distance)
- Nearby dog friendly pubs and cafes
- Hot tub hire available
What our guests say: “Amazing, thank-you, five stars! Tracey and Dan were the perfect hosts. We had a fabulous holiday. The cottage is fantastic and met all of our needs. Loved the large kitchen area that opened in to the enclosed courtyard. The boat room was the perfect place for the Danes to sleep at night and the Cart Barn was an additional bonus for sitting out in the evenings. We recommend Happisburgh, Cart Gap and Sea Palling, all dog friendly. The Nelsons Head in Horsey, Hill House in Happisburgh, Star Inn in Lessingham, Butchers Arms in East Ruston all do amazing food and drinks. We also recommend Blickling Hall, Sheringham Park, Stalham Museum of the broads, Cromer Festival, Cromer plus beach walks.” The Warrener family, Liverpool
- Sleeps up to 10 in 4 bedrooms
- Welcomes unlimited dogs for free
- Ideal for reactive dogs
- HUGE secure, wild flower garden
- 5-6ft fencing all round and 5 bar gate at the top and bottom of the garden
- Barton Broad is at the bottom of the garden with mooring
- Boat hire available locally - dogs welcome
- Very tucked away so perfect for bird watching and star gazing
- All on one level
- Off road secure parking for up to 5 cars
- Fire pit, table tennis, Wendy house, inset trampoline and basketball net for fun
What our guests say: “Would have given 10 stars for everything! Beautiful place with a massive secure garden. Relaxing and worry free holiday with our 8 dogs. The service from East Ruston Cottages was fantastic - they loaned us 2 crates and a. Doggy Push Chair for our disabled member of the pack. We enjoyed playing out on the garden just as much as the dogs did and then relaxing in front of the telly during the evening. We picked Fenside to get away from bonfire night - didn't hear a thing at all.
Would describe this place as heaven for our week's stay."