Dogs: Unlimited / Reactive dog friendly
Sleeps Max: 6
Stunning dog friendly barn conversion!
With its very own Instagram account: @Manorbarn_norfolk
“The quality of the Barn e.g. furniture, beds & bed linen, towels, toiletries, gigantic doggy throws for the sofas, kitchen & kitchen ware, secure gates & the most perfect dog friendly outside areas, etc was the very best we have ever experienced in over 30 years of staying in holiday cottages.”
Our beautiful Manor Barn is a 450 year old thatched barn, sympathetically renovated in 2019 and very well designed with the comfort of both humans and dogs in mind. It is surrounded by livestock free open countryside. Take a virtual tour around Manor Barn HERE!
- A mile from the historic village of Happisburgh. Closer to the year-round dog friendly beach at Cart Gap.
- Many of the other dog friendly beaches in the area are only a short drive away.
- Plenty of dog friendly pubs and cafes nearby – more details here.
- Spoil yourself with some extra Guest Goodies and learn about our local business discounts.
- The ground floor is stone floored throughout, making it easy and practical for dogs.
- Hot tub hire for your stay may be available through Norfolk Spa and Leisure. *Please contact us before booking*
- If Manor Barn is booked for the dates you want, have a look at nearby Seaview Cottage and Corner Cottage
- *Low occupancy discounts out of season*
Enjoy the fully enclosed stable yard outside with teak garden furniture. Take a few steps beyond this and find the pretty grassed orchard garden, enclosed by high flint walls and picket fencing. This is a year-round sun trap – the ideal spot for relaxing with your dogs on a sunny day.
For the dogs:
- Dog crates – small, medium and large can be provided.
- Outside tap and hose
- Dog sitting. If you would like to go out for a few hours and leave the dogs but are not confident they will settle, please check our website page for dog sitter recommendations.
- Spare dog bowls and leads.
- Sofa throws
- Dog buggy
- A pooch welcome pack with doggie treats and poo bags.
- Secure outside areas – yard and garden
- Cupboard full of dog towels in the boot room
- Freezer space for raw dog food if required. You can order with free delivery and a minimum order of £10 from our recommended raw food supplier
For the humans:
- All linen and White Company extra fluffy towels are provided.
- Your dogs are welcome to sleep in the bedrooms with you but we do ask that you bring your own bed linen for this.
- Large fluffy bathrobes for all guests.
- Earth and vegan friendly body wash, hand wash, shower gel, shampoo and conditioner for all the bathrooms/shower room.
- Full central heating via cast iron radiators.
- Woodburner – all logs are provided – we will fill the log basket for your arrival and further supplies can be obtained from the garage near to the front of the barn.
- Travel cot (up to 15kg)
- High chair
- Storage for bicycles, top box and small trailer
- Wifi and smart TV
- Hair dryer
- Nespresso machine
- Hot tub hire with prior agreement
- Kettle BBQ and first bag of charcoal – on request via the booking form
About the property
All about the inside:
Large and lovely beamed sitting room with a high ceiling; you can really get the feel of it being a converted barn. There are two comfy sofas with plenty of throws provided in the coffee table chest. The TV is a Smart one and there are alternatives to the tv in the cupboard which is full of games, books, walking maps and information about local attractions. Link your phone and play your own music on the Roberts iStream 3 radio. This room is the hub of the barn with all rooms leading off here. Off this is the…
A spacious boot/utility room with plenty of hanging space for coats and dog leads. Plus plenty of floor space for boots, dog beds and crates. There is cupboard storage along with a large Belfast sink and washing machine. All very practical and well presented.
Downstairs Shower room
Off the boot room is the shower room and WC. The shower has a folding door and low level shower tray. There is an electric towel radiator here, ideal for drying off towels in the warmer month. Through from the Boot Room is the…
A fully-fitted, well equipped and beautifully laid out large kitchen with direct access to the stable yard, via two steps. There is a large induction Stoves range cooker, slow cooker, Nespresso coffee machine (you’ll need to provide your own pods) microwave, integrated undercounter fridge, freezer and dishwasher. There is further freezer space in the tack room for raw feeders if needed. The antique butchers table and decorative pieces all nod to the barn’s history as a working farm building. The oak dining table can extend to seat 12 and makes a very social space. The kitchen is accessed from the boot room via an open doorway – tall, moveable dog gates are provided to help separate these two areas should this be needed.
This beautiful room can be made up as a super king or twin room using a zip & link bed – comfy mattress toppers are provided for when the room is set up for either bed combination. Storage is in a small wardrobe, two large bedside tables and peg rails with plenty of hangers. This room also has direct access to the stable yard which is helpful for anyone (2 or 4 legged) who may be a little unsteady on their feet or want to wander outside during the night without disturbing the others. Both the upstairs bedrooms have individual staircases so, back into the living room to climb the stairs to …
En-Suite King size bedroom
Facing west, this room has a king size upholstered bed, small chest of drawers, bedside table and peg shelf and hangers. Direct access to a small, beamed ensuite bathroom with full sized roll top bath with mixer shower taps, basin and cupboard underneath and WC. There is a centrally heated towel radiator and peg rail. And again, up the separate set of stairs from the living room to…
En-Suite Double bedroom
Facing east, this bedroom has a traditional metal double bedstead, large chest of drawers, bedside tables and peg shelf and hangers. This room has direct access to its own ensuite bathroom with full sized roll top bath and shower mixer taps, WC and a basin with a cupboard underneath. A centrally heated towel rail and peg rail complete the bathroom.
All about the outside:
When you arrive
Manor Barn is approached through the 5 bar gate for Manor Farm House, (which is the 3 storey house on the left as you look over the gate) with private parking for up to 3 cars.
You can get to stable yard from the driveway and from the kitchen and downstairs bedroom, making it very easy to access and flexible. The yard is fully enclosed with farm gates backed with stock mesh for extra security for your dogs. Sit yourselves down on the teak garden furniture – bench, armchairs and coffee table – or climb up into the hammock! One of the stables has additional storage for dog crates, bicycles, etc and access to a small chest freezer, ideal for raw food. There is an additional large fridge too. A hose is also provided to wash down your dogs (those sandy paws!) if needed. The stable yard is 8m X 17m (all concrete surface, not including the Cart shed).
There is a covered space under the cart shed with antique comfy day bed, dining table and elm benches. Lit by solar powered festoon and fairy lights this has become a favourite spot to relax whatever the weather.
Just a few steps through the lower stable yard gate is a small grassed orchard garden. Fully enclosed by high flint walls and picket fencing, this is a year-round sun trap and the perfect spot to relax in on fair days. The orchard is roughly 11m x 14m (this is just the lawned section, not including the hard standing inside the fenced in area)
Will this property suit my dogs?
Absolutely! From the hard floors inside (but not slippery) to the secure courtyard garden and the secure paddock, this is just heaven for dogs. Lots of space and comfort for them. Very little can be heard (the barn is surrounded by fields) or seen from the outside area. The owners – lovely Tracey and Dan – live on site with their (very well trained!) dogs and are always very mindful of their guests. Particularly if you have reactive dogs.
Want to see more of our cottages suitable for reactive dogs? Check out our blog > Want to bring your reactive dog on holiday?
- The barn is thatched and as a condition of our insurance is strictly no smoking anywhere inside and outside near the barn.
- Guests are required to provide their own bed linen if you wish for your dogs to join you in bed.
- Electric car, bike and scooter charging is NOT available at this property.
- Check in from 4pm, check out by 10am.
- Crates. We would prefer that your dogs are not left alone in the property unless you are 100% confident that they will not get stressed. If they are crate trained and you would like to use a crate, please do ask us for any of the above. We know how bulky they are to pack!
- Hot tubs can be hired for your holiday here with Norfolk Spa and Leisure *Please contact us for more information*
- A walk from Manor Barn to Cart Gap beach
- Walk from Manor Barn to Happisburgh Beach
- Stroll from Manor Barn to Lessingham Star pub
- Direct route from Manor Barn to Hill House pub in Happisburgh
- Walk from Manor Barn to Hill House pub in Happisburgh – coast footpath route
With the ground floor bedroom (with separate access to the yard via a dedicated door) and shower room, this can be suitable for guest with limited mobility. Do bear in mind that there are steps into the building at each door. There is a lot of space in most rooms. Stairs to upstairs bedrooms are very steep and narrow. The property does not cater specifically for mobility, audibly or visually impaired guests but please do contact us if you would like to know more – firstname.lastname@example.org.
“Had a lovely week, been amazing and comfortable, we felt very at home. Enjoyed visiting lots of Norfolk both north and south coasts and beaches as well as local, Happisburgh, Cart Gap and especially Eccles. Been on the broads, had amazing weather and a different beach every day for the dogs.Thank you to Tracey and Dan and we look forward to coming back again.“ Linzi, Max and Tom, Hampshire.
“Amazing, thank-you, five stars! Tracey and Dan were the perfect hosts. We had a fabulous holiday. The cottage is fantastic and met all of our needs. Loved the large kitchen area that opened in to the enclosed courtyard. The boat room was the perfect place for the Danes to sleep at night and the Cart Barn was an additional bonus for sitting out in the evenings. We recommend Happisburgh, Cart Gap and Sea Palling, all dog friendly. The Nelsons Head in Horsey, Hill House in Happisburgh, Star Inn in Lessingham, Butchers Arms in East Ruston all do amazing food and drinks. We also recommend Blickling Hall, Sheringham Park, Stalham Museum of the broads, Cromer Festival, Cromer plus beach walks.” The Warrener family, Liverpool
“A beautiful home away from home equipped with everything and more you could want or need! Wonderful very friendly hosts too. We recommend Happisburgh & Cart Gap beaches, both lovely and dog friendly. Food: Smallsticks cafe by Cart Gap and Sugar & Spice in Bacon – amazing breakfasts!” The Bishop Family, Nottingham
“We have had such a wonderful week in this beautiful barn. It has been the perfect setting for being with family and friends and so wonderful to be where dogs are so welcome. We can highly recommend any of the beaches but particularly enjoyed Winterton for its excellent cafe and Horsey where we saw the seals. It has been great to discover different parts of Norfolk as well as Norwich. Huge thanks to Tracey and Dan for making this the perfect break.” Menzies family, Bedfordshire
“We were hoping for a cottage that met all of our requirements but fully expected that there would be some areas it didn’t. We were very pleasantly surprised to find the most perfect cottage which gave us everything we wanted and some things we didn’t even realise we wanted! The owners were super friendly and did everything possible to make our stay a good one. The accommodation itself … well WOW what can I say! Absolutely everything was high spec whilst still feeling comfortable enough to relax in. There were so many little touches that made such a difference to our stay and a lovely welcome pack on top of everything else. There is so much space, everything was so clean and the beds were extremely comfortable. Outdoors the garden and yard were both totally secure for our dogs so we could relax. The outdoor undercover seating area would have been fabulous during the summer but October was a little chilly to take full advantage. Would highly recommend Manor Barn – we will be back!” – Kathryn Porter
How to find us
Manor Barn (at Manor Farm House), Coronation Road, Happisburgh NR12 0SA
What3Words location: ///seabirds.skipped.emeralds
From the A149 Stalham – Wroxham road, take the B1159 towards Bacton/Happisburgh along Stepping Stone lane. Turn left at the next junction. Travel approx 2 miles until you see East Ruston church on the right on the brow of the hill. Just after this there is a crossroads, turn right here down Vicarage Road and go past the internationally famous East Ruston Vicarage Gardens (well worth a visit!) At the end of this road is a T junction, turn left here. Drive past a small hamlet of houses facing fields and then out past them into open countryside. The road bends to the right and the next house you come to along here on the left is Manor Farm House with Manor Barn in the grounds. Go through the metal 5 bar gate and start your holiday!
Please note – the property next door to us is called Manor Farm, so please make sure you go to the correct place!