Dogs: 4 but flexible
Sleeps Max: 5
Seaside sanctuary with secure dog friendly garden
“The cottage is everything we had hoped for. We especially like the enclosed garden (properly enclosed with a six foot fence round the back garden and a five foot fence round the front), where you can sit out and hear the sea. It means we can let the dogs roam and not worry about them getting out.”
- In a quiet and old fashioned little seaside hamlet of Eccles on Sea
- On an unmade road, as far from the hustle and bustle of daily life as you can get
- Walk easily from here to Cart Gap and the lovely dog friendly café Smallsticks*.
- A mile walk on the lovely sandy beach, or on the quiet track behind the dunes, will take you to Sea Palling with its great beach, dog friendly pub, shop, chippy and cafes. Be sure to try our favourite, Beach Rock Bistro!*
- Seals will often bob up in the sea to accompany you on your walk… or swim, paddle board, kayak too.
- An inland walk will take you easily to the Lessingham Star (dog friendly pub) along quiet lanes. (see here for the route)
- Sunsets from the decking across the fields, towards the Happisburgh lighthouse, are stunning
- The night sky here is very unpolluted and star watching is a real treat.
- Want friends or family to stay nearby? Dormy is not far!
* We offer our repeat guests a voucher for both of these local small businesses (among others) as we really appreciate our repeat guest and love supporting local businesses!
For the dogs:
- Throws for the sofas
- Spare leads
- Doggy first aid kit
- Ball thrower and tennis ball supply!
- Outside tap
- 12L Mud Daddy
- XL, Large, Medium and Small crates (further sizes available on request)
- ‘On Holiday’ dog tags
- Dog buggy (for medium breed)
- Dog buggy (for large breed)
- 2x cooling mats
For the humans:
- All linen and towels
- Hair dryer
- Air fryer
- Beach chairs
- Buckets and spades
- Mud kitchen for little ones
- Cricket set
- EV Charger
- Welcome pack (including tea, coffee and milk.)
About the property
All about the inside:
Lobby: A really welcoming area with hanging space for coats and boots. There is a large fridge/freezer here and the dog cupboard filled with towels, spare bowls and throws. There is access from here to both the front and back gardens and the rest of the house can be closed off making it an ideal area for drying off the dogs or for chilling out after a nice play.
Open plan kitchen/living/dining area
Step through to the open plan living space. The kitchen has a further undercounter fridge, electric oven with hob and washing machine. There is also an air fryer, kettle, toaster and microwave.
The lounge area is spread over two parts, separate by one step. There are two 2-seater sofas and a 3-seater too. There is a dining table with comfortable seating for six. There is a cupboard full of games for evening entertainment, as well as a Smart TV and DVD player. The wood burner is a lovely addition for cosy evenings.
Go through the hallway door to…
Bedroom 1 has a kingsize bed with bedside tables. There is hanging space for clothes and a chest of drawers. Carpeted floor.
Bedroom 2 has twin 2’6″ single beds which can be pushed together to make a king size double. There is a chest of drawers and hanging space. This bedroom looks over the garden. Carpeted floor.
Bedroom 3 has one 3′ single bed. There is a chest of drawers and hanging space. Carpeted floor.
Family shower room
The bathroom has a walk-in shower, WC and basin.
The property has electric heaters throughout which can be independently operated.
All about the outside:
The front of the property has a shingle parking area for up to four cars. There is a lawned garden at the front which is fully enclosed with 3′ fencing and gate. There is a lovely veranda to sit and catch the evening sun with swing seat, coffee table and chairs. There is an EV charger for guest use. Usage is charged at the end of your stay via the security deposit (contact us for more information).
The back of the property has a further lawned garden, fully enclosed with 6′ solid fencing all the way around. You can sit and listen to the sound of sea as it’s just over the back fence! There is a patio with seating and table. The shed has lots of games and toys and beach chairs all for guests to use.
Will this property suit my dogs?
The back garden is fully enclosed with 6ft solid fencing so suitable for jumpers. If your dogs love the beach then this is certainly the place for them! The easy access beach is moments from the property and is usually very quiet as there is no public parking in Eccles and out of the main holiday season only about 50% of the properties are occupied.
The front garden is fully enclosed, but slightly lower fencing, still a lovely space to run around in.
- We would prefer for dogs to not go in the bedrooms at Sand Drift.
- The property is not suitable for/insured for XL bullys.
- Sand Drift is a non-smoking property.
- Cost for the EV charge is deducted from your security deposit on departure from your stay.
- Electric bike charging is NOT allowed.
- Electric scooter charging is permitted in the separate garage area BUT please do read our accessibility section to see if this would be suitable for you.
- All major supermarkets deliver here, please make sure you are here to accept deliveries.
Parking is right outside and the accommodation is all on one level. The kitchen, dining and lounge area are all open plan so plenty of space for moving around. Please note that there is a step in the lounge area to get to the dining table. There are a couple of steps to get into the property but otherwise it is all easy to get around. Access to the beach is along a short, unmade track and then up a short concrete ramp. This is not suitable for wheelchairs as it is gated and whilst you can get round the side on foot easily enough, it wouldn’t be enough room for a wheelchair. The property does not cater specifically for mobility, audibly or visually impaired guests but please do contact us if you would like to know more – email@example.com.
“What a fantastic place you have here! First trip to Norfolk and this has to be the ideal spot as a base to explore. Great relaxing experience in your welcoming and comfy cottage. The fenced gardens were perfect for our two lively rescue dog and this is honestly the first holiday cottage that we have felt totally relaxed with them. They loved the toys, but mostly being able to run free safely in the gardens and beaches and then snooze the evening away on the sofas. Can’t wait to come back.” – Claire, Dave, Barry and Ivy (Sept 23)
“We were so lucky to find Sand Drift. It is a new cottage for East Ruston Cottages and that was why it has late availability. My wife, two dogs and myself arrived to find some lovely gifts for us and the dogs – a real treat and a wonderful gesture. The cottage is everything we had hoped for. We especially like the enclosed garden (properly enclosed with a six foot fence round the back garden and a five foot fence round the front), where you can sit out and hear the sea. It means we can let the dogs roam and not worry about them getting out. Everything we could need for our two weeks is here. The kitchen is fully stocked with implements and condiments and there are plenty of comfy sofas to lounge about on. I love that there were throws on the furniture, so we don’t have to worry about the dogs jumping up. The beds are very comfy and there is more than enough space for us. We were looking for peace and quiet and we certainly found it at Sand Drift. You can be on the beach in two minutes and we have not encountered many people when we are out and about. All the major supermarkets deliver here and there is a Tesco about 10 minutes away in the car. We love that the dogs are well looked after – from temporary dog tags for them whilst we are here, to towels to dry them off when they jump in the sea. A perfect holiday for us is when we relax because the dogs are safe and we have found this at Sand Drift. I can’t recommend Sand Drift enough and we were so lucky to have found it last minute. We will be back and next time we will book in advance as I know it will be popular.”
“Oh my goodness, I had a great time – I’ve never seen so much beach in my life! The waves got me a lot and I went on so many walkies! Thanks for the comfy beds and sofas in the lounge. I really needed my beauty sleep after such tiring days! My mum says a drying rack would be handy, but everything else was perfect!” – Nico, August 2023
“Fantastic accommodation with lots of thoughtful touches. Just what we needed!” – August 2023
How to find us
Sand Drift, Bush Drive, Bush Estate, Eccles-on-Sea, NR12 0FS
What3Words location: ///coins.crinkled.label
From the A149, head towards the coast from Stalham, via Ingham and Lessingham. There is a long single track road leading to Eccles (Church Road) and when you enter the estate, go straight over at the crossroads. Take the next left on to Abbots Way, then third right on to Martins Way. Turn right on to Bush Drive and Sand Drift is on your left.