Dogs: 6 dogs but flexible / Reactive dog friendly
Sleeps Max: 6
F.A.I.T.H Charity holiday home!
On the outskirts of the quiet and dog friendly Norfolk Broads village of Hickling and a very short drive from the coast. Two different places to get your paws wet! This homely property is perfect for all the dogs to explore around the area. The bird life here is amazing too – if you are a bird watcher, about a mile walk down the dead end lane (turn right out the property) will take you to a wonderful small seating area where you can overlook the Broads. Between Nov and Feb, 100s of Marsh Harriers and other birds can be seen heading over to roost. The Nature Reserve is well worth a visit (no dogs allowed).
- The booking income for this goes direct to FAITH Animal Rescue, just down the road.
- Quiet country walks and footpaths in the surrounding (stock free) countryside.
- Visit the nearby village pub The Greyhound – very dog welcoming.
- There are plenty of sandy local beaches to go with the dogs – have a look at our beach page here.
- Our favourite Dunes Cafe* is a short drive away at Waxham, ideal for a post walk coffee!
- Shop local at Cooks Farm Shop* nearby and Causeway Butchers*.
- Find out more about other local beaches, places to eat etc here on the website.
- Want to spoil yourselves with some added extras while you are here – choose from our Guest Goodies website page.
- If Spinney Lodge is booked for your dates, try Seaview Cottage or Manor Barn – both sleep 6.
* Vouchers for these are offered to our repeat guests – we love having you back and we love supporting our local independent businesses!
For the dogs:
- Throws for sofas
- Crate (L = 41.5″ Length x 25.5″ Width x 29″ Height)
- Crate (M = 35.5″ Length x 22.5″ Width x 24.5″ Height)
- Enclosed garden (4ft fencing)
- 2 x dog beds
- Stair gate
- 3 acres of garden to discover!
For the humans:
- All linen and towels
- Free WiFi
- Desk for working
- Games area including table football
- Beached boat for children to play on in the garden
About the property
All about the inside:
Enter the property through the porch way leading to the…
The kitchen is very well equipped with a double electric Range-style oven with 5-ring burner hobs. There is a 60/40 fridge-freezer and also a kettle, toaster and slow cooker. The washing machine is housed next to the sink.
The dining room has a large dining table with seating for 8. There is a further desk and chair for quiet working. Plenty of board games and puzzles to keep all the family entertained are in the dresser.
The lounge and dining room are only separated by a large double sided wood burner which brings the cosy property together. There is a comfortable 2-seater and 3-seater sofa, coffee table and an HD TV with Freeview and integrated DVD player.
Down the hall you will first come to
Twin room with views over the side garden.
Bedroom two has twin beds and a further single trundle bed which can be made up. There is a hanging rail and views over the side garden.
Bedroom 1 has a king size bed with wardrobe, chest of drawers, bedside tables and views over the enclosed garden.
A bright and airy bathroom with bath with shower over, WC and wash basin.
Upstairs leads to Bedroom 4
with floor height double bed and table football to help keep the children (and adults!) entertained! Please note that the upstairs bedroom and bathroom has limited headroom in places. Please note that this bedroom is better designed as a chill out area. There is a fitted stair gate at the top of the stairs. An additional stair gate can be provided for the bottom on request.
Bath, WC and wash basin.
All about the outside:
There is off road parking for up to four cars on the gravel and hard standing. The back garden is fully enclosed with 4ft wood and wire fencing. There is seating for all. To the left of the property is a further grass and then a wonderful woodland area totalling over three acres (not fenced). It even has a beached boat for children to play on! The woodland is a great place for exploring and wildlife watching. There are many nests and Marsh Harriers visit here too. Deer will come in and out of the woods also – wonderful to watch but just be mindful with the dogs.
There are perfect easy walks from the door which lead to the nature reserve to the left and the Broads to the right. There is also a picnic area at the back of the woods with table and bench seating. Please note there is a public footpath through this area at the back, on the other side of the fence at the back of the woodland, however it is little used.
Will this property suit my dogs?
We are confident that pretty much all dogs should be fine here. The enclosed garden is a good size and well fenced but can be jumped by active hounds if they see something in the woodland on the other side. If your dogs are reliable off lead then the separate grass and woodland area is absolutely wonderful for running and sniffing! Lots to explore! This cottage is ideal for reactive dogs. No other dogs can be seen from the garden. The surrounding area is very quiet and is mostly fields and a scattering of houses. Walks from the door are quiet and easy and can take you alongside Hickling Broad.
- Check in is from 4pm, check out by 10am please
- Electric car, bike or wheelchair/scooter charging is NOT permissable at this property.
- This property is non smoking throughout
- Tours of F.A.I.T.H animal rescue can be organised with the owners
- All supermarkets deliver here, please arrange your delivery for after you arrive.
- We advise no more than 2 crates are provided due to the layout of the property.
- There is no outside lights at this property, it might be an idea to bring a torch for dark nights!
- The interior floors can be slippery for some dogs.
There are three bedrooms and a bathroom on the ground floor. One step in to the property. As it is an older style property, it does not have enough room for wheelchairs but walking frames would be easy to use. The property does not cater specifically for mobility, audibly or visually impaired guests but please do contact us if you would like to know more – firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please check back here for some reviews after we have welcomed our first guests!
How to find us
Follow the A149 (from Norwich towards Stalham) and continue past Stalham for 2.8 miles. Turn left onto New Road (just past Catfield) and follow this for 0.6 of a mile. Turn left at the junction and follow this road (Heath Road) into the village for about a mile. At The Greyhound (dog friendly) pub, turn right down Stubb Road. Follow this road for approximately 1 mile and Spinney Lodge is on your right hand side.