Dogs: 4 Flexible / Reactive dog friendly
Sleeps Max: 4
Single storey, super dog friendly cottage
“We were one of the first guests to stay at the lovely new Swallowdale. The communication from the owner and ERC beforehand was excellent as always. This was our 5th stay with ERC and we hope to have many more! Swallowdale is very well thought out for both humans and dogs. The Floors for Paws flooring is great for older dogs and the garden is completely secure. There is everything you could need for the dogs – throws, bowls, beds, toys etc and they settled happily straight away. “
Take a virtual tour around Swallowdale HERE!
- Easy, single storey living space, with a Floors For Paws textured hard floor to make it easy for dogs.
- The surrounding countryside provides plenty of easy, stock free walking.
- The Crown pub is a short walk away and dog friendly too.
- Lots to see and visit in the area – head up the coast to Cromer and Sheringham
- Nearby National Trust Felbrigg Hall and Blickling Hall are very worth a visit too for miles of walks.
- Visit the nearby Norfolk Broads for dog friendly day boat hire.
- Walcott Dog Park is a short drive away.
- Plenty of choices for places to eat in the area – all dog friendly (see here for more information).
- For more information on the lovely friendly village of Trunch, see the website here.
- If the dates you want are booked, try Farthing Cottage or Rooster Barn, just down the road in the same village.
For the dogs:
- Floors for paws – pawsafe domestic low slip flooring (endorsed by Canine Arthritis management – CAM) in the lounge/diner, hall and both bedrooms
- Plenty of dog supplies – bowls, towels, throws, dog beds, poo bags and toys
- Dog Buggies (Innopet Mamut – 50kg, Large – 40kg, Medium – 35kg, Small – 25kg)
- Small, Medium and Large crates
- Extra freezer in garage for raw feeders (Raw Dog Food Company deliver for free)
- Very secure garden with 6ft height
- Countryside walks from the door
- 3 miles from Dog friendly beach
- Doggy Groom Box – blaster/dryer, shampoo, clippers, brushes, tick forks and scissors
- Outdoor hose (cold at present)
- Holiday dog tags
For the humans:
- 4G 43″ Smart TV in lounge and 32″ Smart TVs in bedrooms
- Free Wifi – Superfast broadband
- Some DVD’s, books and games
- Hairdryer in each bedroom
- Iron and Ironing board
- All heating – gas radiators throughout and cosy gas fire in lounge
- All bedding and towels supplied (tea, hand, bath and bath mat)
- Charcoal BBQ
- Filter Coffee Machine
- Dishwasher, washing machine and tumble dryer
- Cot and highchair available on request
- Plenty of information about local walks and places to visit
- Secure storage for bikes
- Covered parking space and an extra off road parking space
- Outdoor electric plug with separate trip suitable for EV Trickle charging
- Fire & Carbon Monoxide Alarms with vibration alert pad for those who have hearing loss
About the property
All about the inside:
The front door leads straight into the ….
Well equipped and laid out kitchen with all you need for cooking for 4. Fully fitted with electric oven and hob, fridge/freezer, microwave, dishwasher, washing machine, dryer, kettle, toaster and coffee machine and plenty of well planned cupboard space. From here step into the ….
Open plan living room with dining area
There is the textured flooring throughout and a comfy leather sofa and an upholstered armchair with footstool, ideal for watching the flat screen TV with Freeview and DVD player. The gas stove is ideal for the winter evenings and the heating and good insulation means that the house is cosy. Eat at the wooden dining table that easily seats 4. There are French doors opening out onto …
A lovely space, with cane seating for 4. Ideal to sit and enjoy the sunshine. The doors from here into the garden and into here from the living room have dog pawprint motifs so dogs can easily see them.
Back into the living room, a door leads off into a small hallway and off this is ….
King size bed with pocket sprung mattresses. Wall mounted with flat screen TV with built in DVD player. Wardrobe storage space, side tables and lamps.
Twin beds with pocket sprung mattress, wardrobe, side tables and lamps plus a dressing table/desk. TV with built in DVD player also and views out into the rear garden.
Modern in style with a separate bath and walk in shower. Heated towel rail, toilet, storage and sink.
Dog crates and buggies are stored in here for guest use if you need them as well as wipe clean dog beds. There is a freezer for guest use – useful if you feed raw. Barbecue is in here too with a bucket of sand (hopefully you won’t need it!) The grooming kit is stored in here too for your use as well as many of the other items in our “For The Dogs” section above.
There is a range of items useful for any holiday such as cool box, picnic basket and blankets, fold up camp chairs and a couple of sun loungers.
All about the outside:
There is off road parking just beside the front grass area (unfenced) and this leads into the covered area in front of the garage. Plug point for trickle charging of electric vehicles if needed.
Laid mostly to grass with a small paved area and planted beds round the edges. Very securely fenced with a solid fence of approx 6ft all round. Whilst not large the garden is totally escape proof.
Will this property suit my dogs?
This really will suit most dogs! If you have a reactive dog or an escapee then the solid 6ft fence and very quiet location will be ideal for them. Even when you leave out the front of the house it is unlikely to you will see any other dogs. If your dog is older, arthritic or physically challenged, the non slip flooring and all rooms being on one level will help them. If they are happy sniffers who like to relax in a sunny spot after a long walk, then the conservatory is going to be right up their street.
The only dogs that it might not suit? Big dogs that love zoomies in the garden … but that’s ok, as there are miles of sandy, quiet beaches nearby for that (and some lovely local woodland and field walks too)
Want to see more of our cottages suitable for reactive dogs? Check out our blog > Want to bring your reactive dog on holiday?
- Swallowdale is a non smoking property.
- The quiet neighbourhood is mostly residential so please do respect the neighbours.
- Arrival time is 4pm, check out time is 10am.
- Electric car charging is currently not available but a dedicated charging point is planned for the future.
- Electric bike charging is not permitted.
- All major supermarkets deliver here. If you wish to arrange a delivery, please make sure you are here to receive it.
- Crates: We would prefer that your dogs are not left alone in the property unless you are 100% confident that they will not get stressed. If they are crate trained and you would like to use a crate, please use any of the ones provided.
- Dog sitting. If you would like to go out for a few hours and leave the dogs but are not confident they will settle do please look at our website for dog sitter recommendations.
Parking is right outside, bedrooms and bathroom are all on one level. The shower is a walk in one. Floors are all hard and non slip. There is a small step up into entrance and out at the back into the garden. The living area is open plan. Whilst not suitable for wheelchair use, the house is easy to get around. Vibration alert pad for those with hearing loss. The property does not cater specifically for mobility or visually impaired guests but please do contact us if you would like to know more – email@example.com.
“We have been holidaying in numerous cottages over several years,-ever since we have had dogs and one is 13 so have a lot of experience of self catering. Swallowdale has definately been one of the best cottages as it is so very clean, well fitted out and arranged. The provisions were superb and extremely welcoming. Trunch is a lovely village of friendly people many of whom seemed to have dogs . The pub was close by and sold newspapers too as there is no local shop.”
“Our first ERC booking – having wanted to book for a long time. It didn’t disappoint! Swallowdale was a real home from home where you instantly felt relaxed and comfortable. The garden was very secure, so it was nice to fully relax and let he dogs just do as they pleased with coming and going from the garden. One of our party has mobility issues and we needed a ground floor bedroom and bathroom, and this was just perfect. We all enjoyed the garden and the conservatory for morning coffee. We also enjoyed a BBQ while there, and although it appeared we were the first to use the new BBQ we had everything we needed in terms of kitchen utensils other than metal kebab skewers, which we purchased and happily donated for future guests. I cannot fault Swallowdale or ERC and we just can’t wait to return one day.”
“A last minute booking for a short break at Swallowdale and it didn’t disappoint. We’ve stayed in other ERC properties many times, but this was the first visit to Swallowdale. The bungalow is extremely clean and tidy, furniture and bed very comfy. LOVELY to have a new, decent smart TV for chilling out in the evening with – all set up with Netflix and ready to use. The garden is completely secure with very high fencing. The conservatory is a nice suntrap in the afternoons, great for chilling out with a book and a cuppa. I didn’t stray far, walks around the village and a trip to the beach each day. Overall, another 5* for ERC and 5* for Swallowdale and it’s owners for making it so pleasant.”
“We have visited many ERC properties and Swallowdale didn’t disappoint, from the generous welcome pack to the comfy beds, Located conveniently for our favourite beaches, Bacton , Walcott and Cart gap. The two dogs loved it and have come home for a rest!”
How to find us
Trunch can be easily accessed from North Walsham or off the coast road from Gimingham or Mundesley. There is one main road that goes through the village and at the centre of the village is the church and pub. Look for Cornish Avenue off the North Walsham Road. Turn down here, then keep left, passing the entrance to Blacksmiths Close. Pyghtle Close is the next left and Swallowdale is just up here on the left.