Dogs: 4 but flexible / reactive dog friendly
Sleeps Max: 6
Wag-tail Cottage - well named for a very dog friendly holiday.
“Beautiful cottage! Treated ourselves to days of beach walks and relaxing evenings in front of the fire!”
Tucked away at the top of a track that leads to footpaths on the local fields. A short drive to the local dog friendly beaches. A very comfy and beautifully Norfolk country cottage with great charm and character.
- Celebrating something while you are here or want a treat? Book into the very excellent Ingham Swan nearby!
- The Lessingham Star serves great pub food and is dog friendly. Walk here across the fields from the cottage.
- With a ground floor bedroom and bathroom, the cottage can be suitable for those with limited mobility.
- All sorts of doggy items supplied – the owners really understand what dog owners need.
- Read our blog to find out just how dog friendly Norfolk is.
- Plenty of our dog friendly beaches can be reached in a very short drive from Wag-tail – read about them here
For the dogs:
- Throws for the sofa
- Dog leads, dog bowls (4 various sizes), dog heavy duty water bowl, lots of balls!
- Holiday name tags to use during your stay
- Fully enclosed garden
- 2 x large dog crates
- We would prefer that your dogs are not left alone in the property unless you are 100% confident that they will not get stressed. If they are crate trained and you would like to use a crate, please do ask us. We know how bulky they are to pack!
- Dog sitting. If you would like to go out for a few hours and leave the dogs but are not confident they will settle, please contact email@example.com for a dog sitter recommendations or Sue may be able to do it.
- Enough freezer space for raw food. The Raw Dog Food Company delivery to all ERC properties with a min order charge of £10.
- 2 x dog beds (please bring your own linen if you wish for your dog to sleep on your bed)
- Muddaddy – for hosing your dog down and outside tap with shower attachment
- Dog friendly beaches, cafes and pubs nearby
- Dog sitting service (contact firstname.lastname@example.org)
For the humans:
- BT Fibre 2 WiFi – 72Mbps download, 18.3Mbps upload
- All heating
- Wood burner (first basket of wood supplied, subsequent baskets available for small honesty fee)
- All quality bed linen, towels and tea towels
- Sony smart TV with Netflix and other apps
- Highchair and travel cot
- Charcoal BBQ
- 6 seater Kettler garden table and chairs
- Welcome pack of goodies
- Tassimo coffee machine
- Secure shed for storing bikes and other gear.
About the property
All about the inside:
Enter through the Lobby
Walking through from the front door into a spacious hard floored lobby. Wag-tail hanging hooks for coats and leads are perfectly positioned. Just off this is the …
Modern family bathroom with a full-size bath, electric shower over bath with a grab rail to assist the less abled. There’s a toilet too plus a hand basin and heated towel rail.
Ground Floor bedroom
Beautiful bedroom with plenty of cupboard space, a very attractive metal framed, king size bed with side tables. There is a hairdryer in this room.
Back into the hallway and step through to the lovely big…
The kitchen is a beautifully fitted galley style with loads of kitchen units and space. Cook your dinners using the built in oven and hob, microwave and toaster. The fridge freezer is plenty big enough for food for 6 and good space for raw dog feed too if needed. There’s a washer/dryer, dishwasher and coffee machine too. Easy clean surfaces reduce the holiday housework and the floor is wooden, so muddy paw prints can be easily cleaned and a handy dog gate is fitted on the door! There’s some great original brick detail in here which gives the kitchen a lot of character too. Through the half glazed door to the …
The dining table seats 6 and all the comfy sofas/chairs seat you in front of the woodburner in the brick fireplace. If it’s cold, get that lit and enjoy an evening watching the Sony Smart TV with numerous apps available. You will probably be watching the dogs snoozing too if they’ve had a good walk on the beach! On a sunny day open the stable door to the garden to let the sun and air in keep the dogs in. Otherwise throw it open and let them wander safely about in the fully enclosed garden.
The stairs to the 2 upstairs bedrooms are from the kitchen, fairly steep (typical for the age of the cottage) but easy to negotiate and carpeted and leading to…
This room is just off the landing and overlooks the rear garden. The rather lovely oak framed bed is a double and there is plenty storage/hanging space too. The exposed beams add charm to this room together with a decorative fireplace.
Also just off the landing, this room has twin oak framed beds with side tables. Again there is storage/hanging space and some lovely exposed beams.
All about the outside:
Fully enclosed garden
There are lovely mature green trees behind a seating area, a handy wood store and gate out to the side. There is a charcoal BBQ for guest use. A new shed has been put up for storing bikes etc. The local birds love this garden and you can watch them from the living room sofa or the king size bed!
When you arrive
There is just about enough parking for two cars just beside the cottage on the block paved driveway and the door to the cottage is right here.
Will this property suit my dogs?
You can be confident that this beautiful, fully enclosed open space is safe for your dogs. The grassed area is a fully enclosed garden. The fences are 5ft high and solid on the left hand side (as you look out of the living room door) and along the back, with the right hand boundary equally secure. There is a gate to the side of the cottage – again this is solid and 6ft+ high. Wash off muddy paws with the outside shower!
- Wag-tail Cottage is strictly a non-smoking property.
- Supermarket deliveries can be made to this property from most of the larger supermarkets but please ensure you are there to receive them.
The local beaches and places to eat
- The beach at Sea Palling is one of a small handful of Norfolk beaches to repeatedly get Blue Flag status.
- Reefs Bar is the dog friendly bar right next to the beach
- The Sandy Hills dog friendly café is open 364 days of the year.
- Fish and chip shop, shop/post office and a fresh fish stall too and children’s play areas.
- Cart Gap beach has easy access and plenty of parking.
- Smallsticks is one of our favourites cafes! A very short walk from the beach – with great food on the menu and dogs very welcome in the enclosed yard area – perfect for a coffee and cake after a run on the beach!
The Norfolk Broads
- Boat hire (dogs welcome) is available at nearby Stalham Staithe and Wayford Bridge.
- Beautiful Hickling Broad is a short drive away and there is boat hire here too (plus 2 dog friendly pubs!)
- Nearby Potter Heigham is one of the Broads Centres – plenty of cruising opportunities and riverside dog friendly pubs to stop at too.
- Why not have a read of our blog post all about the Norfolk Broads!?
MEET THE OWNERS
We are the owners of Wag-tail Cottage, Nikki and Jeff. As we have been holidaying in Norfolk for so many years, following our early retirement we decided to purchase a holiday cottage.
Having had very stressful jobs we now plan to relocate to Norfolk to relax once our children have finally flown the nest – whenever that will be !
Of course, we are avid dog lovers and currently have two Labradors and a Bernese Mountain dog. We fell in love with Wag-tail Cottage the minute we walked through the door and we hope you do too.
Parking is on hard standing, right outside the door. There is a ground floor bedroom and bathroom.
The age of the cottage, door width and steps in doorways do not make this cottage suitable for wheelchair users.
“We managed to sneak a week’s stay in at this cottage between the various lockdowns, and can say that this was the most enjoyable I’ve had on the Norfolk Coast. The cottage itself is easy to find. Inside it is immaculately clean and decorated lovely – you would not know that this was a cottage that homed dogs on a regular basis. The beds are super comfy and provide an excellent night’s sleep and rest. I have 3 dogs, 2 Newfoundland’s and Labrador, so a real mixture of sizes, and all of whom love walking and love the beach. The cottage provided everything we needed for the dogs to be settled, happy and cosy after a day’s walking. The beach is about a 30 minute walk away, or a 5 minute drive which was easier for us. The beach itself was almost deserted the times we were on it. Bumping into 2 or 3 other people was a hectic day! And the beach is extremely clean. We will be most certainly returning when allowed and can recommend this to anyone who wishes to visit the Norfolk Coast, whether they have dogs or not”. – Mr and Mrs P, Peterborough.
“We have really enjoyed a four night break after lockdown in such a lovely clean home-from-home cottage. Would definitely recommend Wagtail. Great location for beaches and dog walks. The welcome hamper was very kind and thoughtful. We ate out at The Reef in Sea Palling right by the beach and the food was lovely. Thank you very much.” – The Barnes Family and Bonnie the Cockapoo
“Very clean and well equipped holiday cottage. Excellent food at The Ingham Swan and lovely walks at Happisburgh. Welcome gifts were much appreciated and the little touches like the holiday tags were fab!” – Daniel, Charlotte and Reg, Cambs
“A lovely welcoming cosy cottage. I love all the finishing touches. It’s certainly a very comfortable place to stay in such lovely surroundings. Lots of dog walks. Our dog was so happy here she thought it was just ‘paw-fect!’ and said thank you for her doggy biscuits!” – Jenny, Bob and Olivia (April 2021)
“The cottage is beautiful and we really appreciate the dog-friendliness! Perfect walks in the area and so close to the beach. My dog loved his treats, thank you! Also, very friendly neighbours.” – Mr and Mrs Jones (April 2021)
How to find us
The Loke, Ingham Corner, Ingham NR12 0TF
From A149 at Stalham take the turning onto Old Market Road, signposted towards Ingham, Lessingham and Sea Palling. Stay on this road out of Stalham town and when you get to the S bend (opposite the Ingham Swan) take the first bend round to the left and then go straight on, rather than continue round to the right. Approx 1 mile down this road, you will come into a small hamlet of houses. At the T-junction, turn left immediately down the small track on the left and Wag-tail Cottage is 2nd on the left.