Dogs: 4 but flexible
Sleeps Max: 6
Single storey, modern style bungalow in seaside village
This three bedroom bungalow with a very secure garden, off road parking and hot tub is located at the end of Beach Road, which is a 10-15 minute walk to the beach. On your walk to the sandy, dog friendly beach you will pass a shop, cafes, chippy and a great bakery and there is a dog friendly local pub and bar too! Everything you need for a truly dog friendly Norfolk seaside holiday!
The seaside village location of this modern and very well equipped holiday home means that it is perfect for a break away with the dogs! Easy access to the huge beach with a village pub, tea room, takeaway, bakery, shop and more. Plenty of choices on your doorstep!
- Walk to the dog friendly pub – The California Tavern – along the beach for a drink and food overlooking the sea.
- Grab some fish and chip from Green Farm for an easy meal or Whites Lounge Bar for something more fancy.
- Between the property and the beach is the dog friendly Tastebuds Cafe.
- Visit Bebe Rais too if you like loaded fries, as well as being possibly the best shake bar on the coast!
- A short drive away is The Farmers and The Smokehouse – both dog friendly and fab food!
- Scratby Bakery is highly recommended by us! Full of goodies, freshly baked on site – dogs welcome and biscuits always provided!
- To find out more about the dog friendly beach have a look at the beaches page of the website and here too!
You can walk to Winterton from here – another lovely dog friendly village – along the beach.
- If you can’t get a booking here, try lovely Brig Cottage in the same village.
- Check out the tide times for Scratby here!
Scroll down this page to have a look at this great little YouTube tour of the area to see more.
If you want to explore with your dogs, you have miles of beaches and other interesting villages up and down the coast. Also nearby is Norwich Cathedral and Castle and the Norfolk Broads for dayboats , paddle board and canoe hire. Enjoy an open Clipper Bus to the many attractions in Yarmouth (the famous Pleasure Beach, Model Village, Sea Life Centre, Hippodrome Circus and so many more). In addition the above families staying here can also enjoy the close proximity to Pettit’s Animal Adventure Park, Thrigby Wildlife Centre, Dinosaur Park, BeWILDerwood, Pleasure Wood Hills Theme Park and Africa Alive Zoo.
For the dogs:
- 2 x memory foam dog beds
- 6 x easily washable large cushion dog beds
- Dog towels
- Bingo Paws pet stroller
- Dog ramp
- Moveable foam indoor dog steps
- Non-slip floors and underfloor heating
- Crates (2x XXL, 1x L, 1x M) other sizes available on request
- Dog sitting. If you would like to go out for a few hours do look at our recommendations for dog sitters here.
- Enough freezer space for raw food. The Raw Dog Food Company delivery to all ERC properties with a min order charge of £10.
For the humans:
- Welcome basket with local goodies
- All bed linen and towels
- Luxury hot tub
- Towels for hot tub
- Superfast broadband
- Sky TV inc Sports channels
- TVs in every bedroom
- Games and books
- EV Charger
- Hair dryer and curling tongs
- Iron and ironing board
- Travel cot and high chair
About the property
All about the inside:
The hallway: A really welcoming hallway with hanging space for coats and boots. Laminate flooring.
Open plan kitchen/living/dining area
The modern fully fitted kitchen has an electric oven and hob, dishwasher, and washer/dryer. There is a large free standing American style fridge-freezer in addition to a built in 60/40 fridge-freezer for plenty of human and raw dog food. There is also a microwave, toaster and kettle. The light and airy open plan lounge/diner has access to the garden via the French doors. There are two large electric reclining leather sofas and footstool in front of the TV with Sky TV with the sports channels included. The large dining table provides comfortable seating for six.
Bedroom 1 has a kingsize bed with wardrobe storage, bedside tables and TV (with Sky TV with the sports channels included). The modern ensuite has a walk in shower cubicle, basin and WC.
Bedroom 2 has a small double bed (4′) with bedside tables and storage for clothes. TV (with Sky TV with the sports channels included).
Twin 3′ single beds with bedside tables. There is a TV (with Sky TV with the sports channels included), chest of drawers and hanging space for plenty of storage.
Family bathroom and shower room.
Lovely modern fitted bathroom comprising of bath with shower over, WC and basin.
The whole property has underfloor heating with non-slip flooring.
All about the outside:
The fully enclosed garden has a luxury 6-person hot tub. There are 6ft high solid fences all round and lockable side gates. You can relax knowing you are not overlooked anywhere in the garden. The patio has a dining table set with parasol for 6 people plus separate lounging chairs.
In the garage there is an adult and separate child’s dart boards for family competitions!
There is room for two cars right in front of the property on the driveway. There is a tethered EV charger suitable for Type 1 or Type 2 vehicles with free charging for guests.
Will this property suit my dogs?
Fully enclosed garden with 6ft high solid fences. Nothing can be seen from the garden and it isn’t overlooked. The road to the beach may have other dogs walking along it so if your dog is social, it will be able to make friends on holiday.
Inside the property it is all on one level, warm hard flooring (underfloor heating).
- The cottage is a non smoking property.
- Check in is from 4pm, check out is 10am (unless you are departing on a Sunday where check out is 4pm).
- Most supermarkets deliver here. Please ensure your delivery takes place when you are here to receive it.
- Electric bike and scooter/wheelchair charging is not permitted.
- Crates: We would prefer that your dogs are not left alone in the property unless you are 100% confident that they will not get stressed. If they are crate trained and you would like to use a crate, please help yourself for the duration of your stay to crates in the garage which range from medium to XXL. If you require other sizes or more crates please let us know.
The property is spread all over one level. There is a walk in shower in the first bedroom for less able guests.
The property does not cater specifically for mobility, audibly or visually impaired guests but please do contact us if you would like to know more – email@example.com.
How to find us
Woodpecker Lodge, 6 Woodlands Close, Scratby, NR29 3FH
What3Words location: ///retain.pedicure.slopes
Get yourself onto the A149 and between Rollesby and Caister, look out for the turning to Ormesby St Margaret (on a cross roads) Take the road through the village, past the little green on your right. Bear left at the Y junction where the shops are, then go straight over the crossroads, passing the petrol station on your right. At the next cross roads, turn left and a little way along here you will reach Beach Road on the right. Immediately on the right is Woodlands Close, a modern cul-de-sac, and Woodpecker Lodge is a little way along here on the left.