Dogs: 3 but flexible
Sleeps Max: 2
New Norfolk dog friendly property for two!
This beautifully converted, luxurious and gorgeous, single storey holiday cottage is in a wonderfully peaceful rural location. Enjoy quiet and easy walks from the door with your dogs or head to the miles of local dog friendly sandy beaches. There is a great choice on this Norfolk coast – all a short drive away.
- Follow Bumblebee on our Instagram and Facebook pages for the inside scoop!
- Walk to the local dog friendly pub – Lessingham Star – see the easy route here
- Walk to the local beach – Cart Gap – see the route here
- Want to add some of our yummy locally produced extras or enjoy the local discounts exclusively for our guests – all on the Guest Goodies page!
- Got a group that want to come away? The Peanut (sleeps 2 + 3 dogs) and The Walnut (sleeps 4 + 3/4 dogs) are on the same site.
- We may be able to offer a discount if all 3 are booked together – do ask.
- If you want to know about the local beaches, places to eat and more have a look at our website page here.
For the dogs:
- Dog towels
- Dog mitts
- Hot and cold dog shower for the dirtier dogs amongst us
- Throws for the sofa
- Dog toys
- Poop bags
- 2x Large crates (further sizes on request)
- Bowls and beds
- Secure paddock
- Dogs are welcome to sleep with you if you bring your own bed linen.
For the humans:
- Luxurious Egyptian cotton towels and bedding
- Wood burning stove
- Hot tub for two
- Super-comfy king-size bed with non-feather duvet and pillows
- Emergency toiletry supplies
- Hair dryer
- Books for holiday reading, maps, board games
- Our yummy food hamper with lots of delicious locally produced goodies.
About the property
All about the inside:
Entry through the private courtyard straight into the
Open plan lounge/kitchen/diner
Karndean flooring throughout this very well fitted and stylish kitchen with an electric cooker with induction hob, dishwasher, Tassimo coffee machine, microwave and toaster. There’s a large smart TV in the lounge and free unlimited superfast Wi-Fi so you can access all your usual online viewing. Snuggle up on the comfortable sofa in front of the wood burning stove for those frosty nights or throw the doors open and let the fresh air and bird song in on a sunny evening.
Very comfortable king size bed with wardrobe, chest of drawers, hair dryer and lovely views across the fields.
En-suite shower room
Modern spacious shower room, with toilet, sink, shaver point and storage.
All about the outside:
Bumblebee has its own patio area with outside seating and direct access to the paddock through 3ft solid wooden fencing. Bumblebee also has its own two-seater hot tub for the ultimate relaxing holiday.
The paddock fencing is slightly higher than the courtyard, but not solid. There is wire stock fencing between the post and rail fencing. Guests staying at The Walnut and The Peanut have shared access to the paddock, but only one property may have use at one time.
Will this property suit my dogs?
If your dog is a jumper then they may well be able to clear the wall around the courtyard but if they are not then this could be a perfect place for them! The courtyard is walled (5ft) and has solid fencing too (3ft) and the shared paddock is fenced. The parking area is gated too. There are two other dog friendly properties on this site and the parking area is shared. The paddock is also for the use of all properties but we ask that only one set of guests use it at a time unless mutually agreed with any other guests. The owners have dogs but they are kept separate from Bumblebee and they totally understand the need of their doggy guests. If your dog is sociable and happy with other dogs in the area then Bumblebee would be ideal for them.
- Bumblebee is a non smoking property.
- Bookings are from Saturday – Saturday with short breaks sometimes available out of season (Nov – Feb excluding school hols) if there is the availability
- Check in is at 5pm, check out by 9am please (early arrival or late departure might be possible by prior arrangement).
- Electric car charging is NOT available at this property. There is no dedicated charging point and “granny charging” is not insured.
- We would prefer that your dogs are not left alone in the property unless you are 100% confident that they will not get stressed.
- If they are crate trained and you would like to use a crate, please do ask us. We know how bulky they are to pack!
- Dog sitting. If you would like to go out for a few hours and leave the dogs but are not confident they will settle,
please look at our It’s A Dogs Life website page for recommendations.
- The owners are happy to accept and put away a supermarket delivery on your behalf on the day of arrival, between 2 and 3 pm.
- There is no BBQ as the surrounding fields are often sown with wheat/barley.
- The washing machine in the laundry room has a small charge for use.
- The paddock is available for guest use at all times but we do ask that only one set of guests use this at a time.
Parking: Parking is on the gravel drive, approx 20ft away from the door with paving slabs path to the patio.
Steps: There is one step into the french doors but a mobility ramp can be left for use throughout the stay. No stairs as property is single storey.
Door widths: French doors provide wide easy access. Interior door widths tba. Living area is open plan.
Flooring type: Hard, non-slip Karndean type throughout. Large non-slip mat in living room area.
Bathroom facilities: Walk in shower cubicle. Shower stools may be able to be provided depending on size required. Suction grab rails can be provided on request – these can be positioned to suit our guests. Toilet frame with a raised seat can be provided on request.
Mobility scooter charging: Scooters, wheelchairs and electric bikes can all be charged in the garage on site.
Please do contact us if you would like to know more – firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to find us
Bumblebee Cottage, Willow Tree Holidays, Lower Street, Happisburgh, NR12 0RS
What3Words location: ///ignore.laughs.dribble
Bumblebee Cottage is in the small hamlet of Happisburgh Common, approximately 1 mile from the coast.
From the A149 Stalham – Wroxham road, take the B1159 towards Bacton. Follow signs to Happisburgh. Just after East Ruston church on the brow of the hill, turn right down Vicarage Road and go past the internationally famous East Ruston Vicarage Gardens (well worth a visit!) At the end of this road is a T junction, turn right here. About 200 metres on your left, opposite the flint house turn down the drive. Stay on the right hand side, going past cottages and then turn right through the 5 bar gate.